Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jumping/skipping during songs

Jumping/skipping during songs

Hi, Lately Whenever I stream anything, Spotify will skip/jump throughout the entirety of a song. I’m not sure why this has started to occur as nothing on my end has changed (to my knowledge). I’m on a premium account and stream songs both through cellular data and WiFi (happens on both) on my iPhone 11. I’ve tried all previous suggestions. Turning phone ok/off, updating app, latest iOS, setting streaming music quality to low, but nothing has helped. Spotify is basically unusable right now. Can anyone help?? Thanks

30 Replies

Hey @ol7m-up_kg5ao,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It'd be great for you to read this support site article and follow the relevant steps featured in it to see if Spotify works properly as a result.

If this doesn't do the trick, it'd be good to perform a clean reinstall and start with a brand-new version of the app. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how this procedure works for your iPhone11.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same problem but only while using CarPlay. I made a post about it a few days ago

thank you.

followed instructions and reinstalled the app, but sadly the issue still exists...

Not really feeling much love from Spotify support...

Seems this skipping problem is only when bluetooth is involved...phone to car, laptop to speaker and phone to speaker. No issues when playing through the laptop speakers.

Anyone have any idea? There seems to be many a post regarding this issue but no formal fixes.

Yeah, whenever playing from laptop, headphones, or the phone itself, it is fine. Only when doing CarPlay via direct cable or Bluetooth causes the problem. I wish Spotify support looks at this because I am borderline leaving at this point. This issue is infurating and has been going on for so long. There are ton of CarPlay bugs. Whoever is testing these updates, isn't testing it on CarPlay. After every major update that updates the UI, something goes wrong on CarPlay

Hey there, so after completely reinstalling the app, nothing changed. I also deleted my Car's software, and nothing changed. Spotify help on Twitter did a cache reset and still nothing.

Hi, thanks for your post. I have the same issue. I’ve tried all suggestions and measures but the problem is still the same. I'm disgusted with that... 😞

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here.

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest you head here and give the steps a go. If the issue occurs while trying to play music in your car, you can try these steps.

It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These links literally only tell you how to connect. The question Was how to make it stop randomly rewinding/fast forwarding/skipping songs while already connected. Any USEFUL INFORMATION??? 

Hey there @Foghornleghorn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The links sent above show indeed how to properly connect and also some recommendations to take into account with each connection, specially this one about issues in the car. In each section, you have other links to check compatibility and how to reach out to each specific support in case you have doubts about it.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you let us know what steps have you tried so far so we don't suggest anything repeated?

We'd also like to know the make, model and OS version of the device you're using, along with the info of the device you're connecting to and what type of connection you're using.

Lastly, let us know the Spotify version you're running.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Spotify version 8.5.96.967. Premium account. 

I have this problem with Bluetooth and cord connections, the phone is an iPhone X maxx and vehicle is a 2019 Dodge Ram. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the app, updated the vehicle software, and updated phone software. 

Hi @Foghornleghorn,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the info.

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow these specific steps for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to remove any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this issue happens when connecting your phone to a different device, like a speaker or headphones via Bluetooth?

If possible, try using a different Internet connection and let us know if there's any difference.

It's also worth trying with a different cable - just make sure it's the right cable for your device.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

I also need help on fixing this problem. I have done everything that I’ve read in the internet and nothing has helped at all. Al it has done is make the song skip at 45 seconds to 30. 

I too have have had the same issue the last weeks on my SONOS Speakers and phone, can listen to a playlist, 10 songs work great, and then suddenly after the song has played for a while it skipps to the next song. It does not seem to be related to specific songs, I have had this problem on all kinds of songs.

As it happens on multiple devices I would suggest this is not a device issue.

Hey @Fnando2004

Help’s here!

Could you describe in more details the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will help us narrow down the possible causes of the issue and let you know what to try next. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

Yeah for now some of the songs are unlistenable thanks to this bug...

I don't think I'm the only one experiencing this...

Hi there @Suleymantekin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you list all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread that you've already tried? This is so we don't repeat anything and know where to start.

Additionally, let us know exactly when this is happening for you and the make, model and OS of your device(s). Is it happening on your device directly? Is it happening when having your device connected to another one via Bluetooth or any other type of connection? Give us a much detail as possible so we have a better understanding of what's going on.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I have the same problem. if I play Spotify through my phone to blue tooth speaker it skips durning songs but when I use my pc its plays fine???????

Suggested posts