Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last song in my queue disappears

Last song in my queue disappears

My Question or Issue

when I add songs or even one song to my queue on my sporty app the last one in the queue just disappears so I can’t see it or move it. It will still play if I press skip but it won’t show up unless I add yet another song to the queue or move another song to the bottom (which will then also disappear) my app is completely up to date and I’ve tried reinstalling and restarting my phone. Please help!!

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

10 Replies

Hey @Thea123b,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!     

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. If you're still experiencing this issue, we'd recommend that you perform one more reinstall, but this time using the steps here. They are more thorough and ensure that no leftover files remain, that might be causing this behavior.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if you can replicate the issue with another account or on another device. This would help us out a lot in determining whether the root cause of the problem is account or device related. We'd appreciate it if you also upload a screenshot of how the queue is displayed at your end. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

I’ve also been having this issue on my phone’s Spotify app, despite following the specific reinstallation instructions you included. I cannot replicate this issue on my computer; it’s only on my phone. Please see the example included. Thank you!

01101B97-A690-45BE-B86F-A7B3FE9804B6.png

Hey @dcttn,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if you get the same behaviour if you log in with a different account on your phone?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response! My friend’s account also omits the last queued song when logged onto my phone. I included a screenshot below. 

14D588A5-C254-4605-9F84-27E2C7762CD5.png

Hey @dcttn

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you observe this across more than one Spotify account it's possible that the issue might be related to the particular device. The fact that the app works as expected on your PC also leads us in this direction. 

Next step we suggest is logging in to your Spotify account on a different mobile device to check if you experience the same. If this doesn't occur on another device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Hi Ivan,

I finally got around to logging onto my account on a different device, a screenshot of which is shown below. The Spotify app on my phone has been showing this problem for years, despite the latest software updates. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you for your help!

8E7C0957-C658-4478-8495-94582FAF5636.png

Hey @dcttn,

Thank you for your reply and for confirming how it works on another device.

Can you try the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Ensure device has enough storage space

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, im a casual listener who had that problem for years. I could never figure out what it was until i learnt it was an issue with the font size on your phone being too big. If your main phone is an iPhone like mine, I suggest go to your phone setting and try making the font smaller bit by bit to see if the problem gets resolved. It worked on my case so check that out. 

Hi like my last reply to the other user. Im a casual listener who had that problem for years. I could never figure out what it was until i learnt it was an issue with the font size on your phone being too big. If your main phone is an iPhone like mine, I suggest go to your phone setting and try making the font smaller bit by bit to see if the problem gets resolved. It worked on my case so check that out. 

Hi Camilo,

I’ve actually always had my text set to the smallest size (people always complain about how they can’t read on my phone 😂). I tried toggling the text size back and forth as you suggested, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Thanks for your suggestion! I will try what the last Spotify team member suggested but it will take me a while to clear my phone memory.

Suggested posts