Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest/recent iOS app updates are a disgrace

Latest/recent iOS app updates are a disgrace

The iOS app has been unstable/usuable for about six months now. I'd say the last four updates have rendered Spotify mobile absolutely useless. What are the development team thinking? Surely they should be testing the app before putting out there? Surely it's important to get the basics right before you look to offer advanced functions? 

The latest update has killed last.fm scrobbling completely -  claiming that the log-in details are incorrect, when in fact, they are not. Any attempt to play a song is soon met with a crash (though this has been evident for many months). Then you have to log-in with your details (again!). Crashes happen whether streamed over 3G or wi-fi, or whether it's online/offline mode. There have been many other issues other the last few months, but i'd be here all day listing each and every problem. Before anyone asks; I have tried deleting and re-installing the app every time a new update has appeared - it makes no difference to it's god awful fuctionality whatsoever.

Hundreds, if not thousands of other users are claiming similar problems. Why isn't this addressed? In fact, there seems to be a generally bad attitude towards customers. Spotify seemingly happy to take peoples money for such a shoddy/unusable piece of software.

I'd say it was about six months since this app was close to reliable and value for money. Unfortunately and somewhat ironically, that particular update was changed about two weeks later to the steaming pile of crap that it has become today. It's a million miles away from the desktop version which is a joy to use.

I'd say Spotify has stolen £60 of my money before i've finally decided to downgrade. I've been holding out for a reliable update all that time, but my patience has finally run out. I'll look towards a different streaming service - one that values it's customers and one which offers a reliable and value for money service.

18 Replies

Hello,

I've just tested some of the features you said to be broken - last.fm functionality seems to be working fine at the moment. 

I have also streamed for a number of hours using the latest iOS application to an Airplay device without experiencing crashing... It's worrying to hear that you're running into these problems. What iOS device and version are you running at the moment?

Airhorn Enthusiast

iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1

Hmm, so everything should be up and running just fine... In regards to your last.fm login details, you might want try resetting your last.fm password. Does your login for this work okay on the desktop application at all?

Airhorn Enthusiast

I've never had an issue with the desktop version - it always scrobbles. There's no point resetting my last.fm password as the Spotify mobile app crashes during the first two songs anyway.

I agree ever since iOS 5 came out the app has been acting wonky and does the oddest stuff.

First it quit working with my cars OEM stereo yet Pandor and another other app still work.

Sometimes songs will play about halfway though then just say "Unable to Play Track"

The app sucks battery life like no other the music ap doesn't take even close to the amount of juice this app does and I'm using offline playlists but it still phones home all the time to tell spotify your listening on your device.

The latest update has extreme but it doesn't work right there's another thread on that in here.

The silence is deafening.

ive had enough

after this post i will cancel my subscription

i was reading sunday times how clever spotify were for getting people to pay a premium over an alternative free service

of course the times never mentioned if spotfiy had a good retention rate

i emailed support and did not receieve anything

maybe they dont need my £9

goodbye and good luck

IVE CANCELLED

i would not  accept badly made chips from Mcd's and so why  should i pay £9 for rubbish product EACH MONTH ?

do i have atm on my forehead, ?nope

i will not be back until /its sorted

goodbye and goodluck

Come on Spotify!!!

WTF are you doing to fix this issue?

Your answers to folks here seem to not to be able to resolve any issue.

In the meantime, you literally are stealing subscription money for something that doesn't work properly.

Mine has been too, no scobbleing, playing half songs, the app needs a severe update, as well as an iPad version why make my iPhone do all the lifting, the whole experence is bad not efforless like other apps.

Are Spotify planning a fix for the App not Scrobbling soon?

LegendaryTone - Spotify should be scrobbling fine at the moment. Did you recently change your password over on last.fm?
Airhorn Enthusiast

It's not a password issue. I sent thousands of e-mails, I've contacted the staff via twitter and it stills not scrobbling. It just scrobbles a few tracks. It's CLEARLY a bug. And it's annoying to see the people responsible for the app updates are not checking it out yet.

Is it an exact number of tracks that scrobble before it stops?
Airhorn Enthusiast

My Spotify plays half a song, then the app crashes. Have had this problem for over a month now ... quite annoying.

My app stops in the middle of a song. I just upgraded to the new version that just came out. It said I would have the ability to sort my playlists. It didn't. So then I deleted the app and reinstalled. Now the app will not sync ANY OF THE SONGS. It's stuck. I tried rebooting, changing music quality to normal, no sync to the songs. I don't have local files in there either. What's up with this app??

I found a fix for the not syncing problem.. I just went into settings > Usage > Storage and deleted Spotify. Reinstalled and clicked on one small playlist. It's loading. It may have needed wifi to load, as well, not 4G. The app still does not offer the features that were promised in the version notes, like the ability to sort playlists.

Suggested posts