Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify Premium forever and recently was frustrated with an iOS app update that seems to have stopped likes on Spotify mobile from registering with/syncing to Spotify destkop. Anytime I like a song on mobile (whether with the heart or plus icon), there is no register of it on my desktop app. This has been going on for at least a month or two and is pretty frustrating, as I listen to music all the time, interchangably between desktop and mobile, depending where I am listening. 

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this; if not, I hope it can be resolved in the next iOS app update. I have checked my various settings on my account and I haven't been using Private mode. Thanks!

19 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

FR

Device

iPhone 6s 

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

+ Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I somethimes likes musics with the heart on my iPhone but i can't fuind them in my pc. and vice versa., but the litle + insted of the heart. Is there a way to syncronise the "liked playlist" or i need to create a new one? (if i create, is there a way on iPhone to add quickly?)

Hey @Lumine, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Those songs are now saved in your Songs folder in Your Library, same thing on your PC. Just find the Songs folder in your left panel and you will find them there.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thx to answer!

But unfortunately, that what i was doing, but still, its don’t synchronize.

Hey @Lumine,

Sorry for the dealy 🙂

Could you send a screenshot of the now playing screen?

Does this happen if you save any song from anywhere or in specific places?

Please let me know.

Currently im not at my pc, but its when i give the heart (see screenshot) i can’t find in the music playlist on my computer.

if you still don’t understand what i mean, i will upload a screenshot when im able to. Also, if you want, you can add me on discord: CHAPPiE#9100

E21FABA2-04ED-4D5F-B930-BADFB2CAB1B3.png

Hey @Lumine,

Thanks for your screenshot 🙂

When you're in the computer could you check if this folder, Songs in Your Library in the left panel is empty or not:

Screenshot 2019-03-04 at 22.46.51.png

Is the Songs in Your Library in your Spotify app for iPhone empty too or not?

Let me know how that goes.

Yes i can see the « folder » but its won’t syncronise. Ex: i put the heart on my phone, i can’t see in the desktop app. (I also tried to restart the app) and qhen i go for looking fo the song, (exact name, author, pic and all, so its the same song) i need to malually press the + to get in the library. 

Hey @Lumine,

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

That's odd. Could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

Keep me posted.

Hi,

Im on apple only on my phone, and its impossible for me to do this for my phone. My computer is using windows 10. 

Hey @Lumine,

Sorry for the inconvenience 🙂

Yes I know you can't do that on your iPhone, this Spotify Answer is for Windows 10.

Please let me know how that goes.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.4 and maybe try with another network connection to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey @AnaSun and @Lumine

Could you try the following steps: 

• Log out of your Spotify account and back in from all your devices
  • Try connecting your device to a different network connection and making sure that Spotify is set as an exception with their firewall settings and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, we can recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Head here and remove all offline devices listed, then try a quick reinstall of the app on all of your devices.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Hey @AnaSun and @Lumine

Could you try the following steps: 

• Log out of your Spotify account and back in from all your devices
  • Try connecting your device to a different network connection and making sure that Spotify is set as an exception with their firewall settings and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, we can recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Head here and remove all offline devices listed, then try a quick reinstall of the app on all of your devices.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Its the solution. I just needed to reinstall on all devices and magic happens! (My phones likes dissapear, but i still have my computers like that have stayed.)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I add a song on the spotify iOS app, it does not sync to my Windows 10 desktop app unless I reinstall the Windows 10 Spotify application. But if I add a song to my Windows 10 song library it will sucessfully sync to my iOS song library. I have confirmed that both applications are using the same account.

Hey @Lumine,

Just to confirm, is your issue resolved or not yet?

Thanks 🙂

Yes, but im no longer the "owner" of this post. I tried last time to see that i just have been migrated under someone else. So i can’t “mark as solution" now. Sorry.

Hey @Lumine,

Don’t worry!

What matters is that your issue got resolved!

Have a nice day 🙂

Hey @mpd326,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also try the other troubleshooting steps from this thread?

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts