Plan

Premium

Country Canada 

Device

Blackberry keyone

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I listen to Spotify on my phone or iPad and often listen through Bluetooth on my tv.  When looking at “devices available” now, it gives me Google Cast instead of my previous option. And with Google Cast, it won’t pair my device. I’ve tried on 2 different iPads and 2 different android phones. 

9 Replies

If your TV is capable of recieving a bluetooth connection, you should still be able to connect to it under the settings of your phone. Then if you open the spotify app, it should play audio through the bluetooth device (your TV). 

If you're having trouble with connecting via Google Cast, make sure you're on the most recent version of the app or try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device!

My tv has Bluetooth.  We listened through the tv all the time. It seems now that this “Google Cast “ thing has overridden the Bluetooth.

I reinstalled Spotify with no luck. 

Try connecting to your TV in the bluetooth section of the settings app of your phone. Once connected, you should then be able to open the Spotify app and play audio on it without having to change anything under the Spotify Connect page!

Nope.  My tv is not showing in my device list on Spotify. Only the Google Cast thing. 

Are you able to connect to it in the settings app on your phone (completely outside of the spotifyapp)?

No. I see it on my iPad and cannot connect. I don’t know where to look for that

on my phone

If you can't connect to it in the settings app of any of your devices, it's an issue with your TV rather than Spotify. You could try unplugging it and plugging it back in, making sure Bluetooth is still enabled on your TV, and making sure you're on the most recent firmware on your TV (I'm not sure what kind of TV you have, but that's a pretty good place to start!)

My husband’s iPad works, so not an issue with the tv. Somehow this Google Cast thing  got  “picked up” and it’s overriding the tv Bluetooth 

I’ve reinstalled and it’s still only giving me the Google Cast option, which has no sound. I can’t choose the Bluetooth option. 

Suggested posts