Device

iPhone X

MacOS High Sierra

Operating System

Version 11.4.1 (iPhone)

Version 10.13.6 (Macbook)

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify Team!

Recently I switched from the iPhone 7 to iPhone X and never had this problem previously - I can't seem to download my Local Files from my Mac to my iPhone. I have tried to see if it was my Firewall and Spotify was allowed, plugging my iPhone into my laptop, using the same WiFi. It seems to say that is has downloaded (has the little green arrow) but it does not play or let me press the song.

Would be amazing if there was a solution for this and apologies if it has been posted but I couldn't seem to find anything that worked.

Thanks so much,
Victoria

5 Replies

Hey @Victorialovee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try readding the local files by creating another user account in your Mac and installing Spotify there?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi there thanks for your response!

I just tried what you suggested and even tried redownloading the songs again on my laptop and creating a new playlist for them but even still when downloading it just says 'waiting...' and doesnt sync into my iPhone!

Hopefully there is a solution as I don't want to stop using Spotify I love it!

Thanks again,

Victoria

Hey @Victorialovee,

Have you tried another internet connection?

Does the playlsit appear on your phone at all?

Please check for any pending updates as well.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hey there!

Both my Mac and iPhone are completely up to date - Spotify app and all Software updates. 

I have tried 2 different internet connections!

Starting to think I've come to a dead end - I've used Spotify for over 2 years now and don't want to have to let go but I may have to find another solution.

Thanks for your response!

Victoria

Hey @Victorialovee

Sorr that didn't help,  could you connect both devices using a mobile hotspot instead. This should guarantee that they're on the same network and everything should work fine. 

If the local file playlist is too large, try with a new playlist, and only add a couple of songs. 

Make sure to go through this help article as well:  https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts