Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Unplayable after Spotify App Update

Local Files Unplayable after Spotify App Update

Whenever I update my Spotify app on my iPhone 6, my local files are no longer playable.  I must connect my iPhone to my laptop, turn off the available offline option via the Spotify iPhone app, and then turn it back on so that my local files are again playable.

Please note that before I updated the Spotify app, that I had already downloaded the local files onto my iPhone.

Is there something I am missing here so that I do not have to re-download all my local files onto my iPhone 6 whenever there is an update to the Spotify app?  Is there anyone at Spotify who is looking into this issue?

3 Replies

This is a known bug.

Have you tried reisntalling Spotify on your iPhone and then resycning the local flles?

This bug used to happen to me, but ever since I did a reinstall of the 2.5 update, I haven't had this problem when updating the app to version 2.6

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have not tried reinstalling since the 2.5 update (I had tried it before). I will try reinstalling now that the app is on version 2.6 and see if this remedies the issue when the next update comes around.

Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome.

Hopefully it does. Post back here if the problem happens again so I can make a new bug report to the developers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts