Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.1

I’ve been using Local Files for a long time. Yesterday I uploaded a bunch of albums and EPs to my Local Files folder (from my computer, an HP Laptop on Windows 10) and they all synced to my phone easily. They were were working properly at first and everything looked the way it should’ve.

But then for some reason one of the album covers stopped showing up? All my other Local Files are fine and I even uploaded a few more after that which worked perfectly. It’s just that one specific album. The cover shows up on iTunes and everything, just not on Spotify. I’ve never had this issue in the past and I’m not sure what to do about it. 

I tried what I do when my Local Files don’t show up, which is copying and pasting them so there are duplicates and then deleting the old ones, but that didn’t solve the issue. I even tried deleting the whole album from my files and my iTunes library and redownloading it again, but that did nothing as Spotify recognized it as the same files.

Not sure why this is happening or what to do about it. I’ve seen posts recommending embedding the cover into the MP3 but as far as I’m aware I need a tagging software for that, which I can’t download. I uploaded the album cover on the iTunes files myself but I’m not sure what to do beyond that, or if there’s even a fix for it. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts