Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Why did the recent update take important features AWAY?!? wth???!!

You guys at Spotify need half a decade to include a simple "clear cache" function but are fast to ruin the already lackluster app! The best thing in this app was the fact, that I could download an album and get it listed within my downloaded albums, ...

• Casual Listener
  • You guys at Spotify need half a decade to include a simple "clear cache" function but are fast to ruin the already lackluster app! The best thing in this app was the fact, that I could download an al...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Spotify song links

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI like that Spotify song links open directly into the app via text messages. Howe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Tempo Changing Every Time iPhone Screen Goes to Sleep/Wakes Up

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone XOperating System: iOS 12.2 Hello, Every morning when I go to the gym, I connect my airpods and listen to Spotify. Let me walk through my issue so it's helpful to understand the problem. 1. Wake up iPhone X and...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone X Operating System: iOS 12.2   Hello,   Every morning when I go to the gym, I connect my airpods and listen to Spotify. Let me wal...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists not showing

I can see my playlists but not see the artists. I just updated spotify app thinking that was the problem but no. Please help, so annoying.I also can’t find a way to change language from spanish to english on the app. PlanPremiumCountryChile Device(iP...

• Casual Listener
  • I can see my playlists but not see the artists. I just updated spotify app thinking that was the problem but no.  Please help, so annoying. I also can’t find a way to change language from span...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest Update

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6Operating System11.3 My Question or IssueThe latest update has made the user expierence much worse in so many ways. The biggest problem being that the Artist section is not what it was in terms of functionality. Why ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 6 Operating System 11.3   My Question or Issue The latest update has made the user expierence much worse in so many ways. The biggest problem bein...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't see my list of favourite song in iOS app.

DeviceiPhone 7 My Question or Issue:HiI just change my phone from Android to iPhone 7.In my android, I had the Spotify app with the full menu in "my library" which I could see my list of favorite songs that I liked.Now in the iPhone ios app, I can't ...

• Device iPhone 7   My Question or Issue: Hi I just change my phone from Android to iPhone 7. In my android, I had the Spotify app with the full menu in "my library" which I could see my lis...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Update

Does anyone know how you can remove recently played and your heavy rotation on iphone after the new update?

• Does anyone know how you can remove recently played and your heavy rotation on iphone after the new update?     
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Editing or deleting album tracks

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • t0fr
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Liking/unliking an album does not affect liking/unliking songs.

Whenever I have an album in my rotation I “like it”. When I remove it from my rotation I “unlike it”. Now I have to unlike the individual songs as well. This seems unnecessary. PlanPremiumCountryUsiphone(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2...

• Roadie
  • Whenever I have an album in my rotation I “like it”. When I remove it from my rotation I “unlike it”. Now I have to unlike the individual songs as well. This seems unnecessary.  Plan Premium ...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Individual songs are separated from albums in list

This is the dumbest thing that ever happened to this app. Occurs also on Mac app. I have some albums with all songs saved, and some with only a few songs saved. Now the two categories of albums are separated. Why? I like my library sorted the way it ...

• Regular
  • This is the dumbest thing that ever happened to this app. Occurs also on Mac app.   I have some albums with all songs saved, and some with only a few songs saved. Now the two categories of alb...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How to play all downloaded songs after latest update? [v8.5.7]

Operating System: iOSApp version: 8.5.7 My Question or IssueWhen driving, I used to often go to Songs > Filter by downloaded > Shuffle Play. After the latest update, I don't see 'Songs' anywhere, is this menu item removed or hiding somewhere?

•   Operating System: iOS App version: 8.5.7   My Question or Issue When driving, I used to often go to Songs > Filter by downloaded > Shuffle Play. After the latest update, I don'...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NEW UPDATE RANT?

Spotify, what have you done? This new update is really, really bad. I'm just gonna go through my problems and see if other people are experiencing the same thing: 1) Albums- Brooooo, so I go onto Albums, and half of them are gone? What? Because I've ...

• Spotify, what have you done? This new update is really, really bad. I'm just gonna go through my problems and see if other people are experiencing the same thing:   1) Albums- Brooooo, so I go...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Android
    iOS
    Mac
    Update
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Why can't I get the new update?

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 (latest) My Question or IssueWhy didn't I get the new update? I'm on the latest version of spotify and a premium user... Please help

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway   Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12 (latest)   My Question or Issue Why didn't I get the new update? I'm on the latest version of s...
  • JulianSeider
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Streaming with Cellular Data

I just purchased an iPhone 8 today and synced all of my data to it. For some reason my spotify won’t let me stream from cellular data (I have unlimited data with my carrier’s plan). It it will only play on wifi. What can I do to fix this? My cellular...

• I just purchased an iPhone 8 today and synced all of my data to it. For some reason my spotify won’t let me stream from cellular data (I have unlimited data with my carrier’s plan).    It...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Apple Watch as remote with iPhone XS

Plan Premium CountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueHisince I switched to iPhone XS I can’t use my Apple Watch as remote for Spotify anymore. Doesn’t matter if I listen in my AirPods or on a Sonos or Harman Kardon....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Sweden Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Hi since I switched to iPhone XS I can’t use my Apple Watch as remote for Spot...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
    iPhone XS
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums get in queue by just listening to a song from it

By playing a song, the album gets in the queue automatically without wanting to.PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue

• By playing a song, the album gets in the queue automatically without wanting to. Plan Premium Country Greece Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files cant sync

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueHey guys, I am having issues figuring out why my synced files won't play on my phone. It plays fine on my laptop. I tried doing the solutions that a google search h...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Hey guys, I am having issues figuring out why my synced files won't play on my phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Same Artist Playing All The Time After Every Song

My daughter got a hold of my iPhone and did something in Spotify where, after each track plays the same artist will pop up after. Specifically Taylor Swift. Doesn't matter if I'm shuffling a playlist or playing an album by another band, I'll load up ...

• Casual Listener
  • My daughter got a hold of my iPhone and did something in Spotify where, after each track plays the same artist will pop up after. Specifically Taylor Swift. Doesn't matter if I'm shuffling a playlist...
  • JesseK74
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track loops back on itself

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 Since the latest update, any track I play on the mobile app loops back on itself randomly while playing. It happens at random intervals, no matter the track. This his applies to music I’m ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.3.1   Since the latest update, any track I play on the mobile app loops back on itself randomly while playing. It happen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    repeat
    Track loop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded podcasts disappear

PlanPremiumTurkey Device(iPhone 6)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue After the new update i have noticed i can't track downloaded podcasts gathered under same file as ''downloads''. You need to go into each podcasts episodes and see one by...

• Plan Premium Turkey   Device (iPhone 6) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue   After the new update i have noticed i can't track downloaded podcasts gathered und...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes