Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local files cover art

Local files cover art

Hello, I primarily use spotify to sync my local files wirelessly, then put them into playlists with some tracks from Spotify, then sync both for offline use. However, sometimes Spotify recognizes local files and I guess replaces them with Spotify verified tracks, but this screws up my cover art (its an ADD thing. and when syncing to my car its nice to see album artwork that is legit) 

so I tried unlinking them, and it works fine on my computer, but any tracks on my phone that have a recognized song on Spotify have the Spotify album artwork. This isnt that big of a deal normally, but Spotify doesnt seem to get along with free mixtapes, but somehow users smuggle them in under different names, and the cover art is always freaking terrible. For example, the mixtape Monster by Future IS on Spotify, but only a few tracks are on there, the others are blacked out. So my phone replaced the tracks Spotify had with some random compilation tape from Spotify, and while its fixed on my computer by simply unlinking the tracks, you cannot do that on the App.

Yes, I have reset, i have deleted and reinstalled (btw this needs to be fixed too, takes like 3 hours for me to sync 1.5k songs, thats absurd) and cannot find a resolution. Its only RAP MIXTAPES that spotify has a problem with it seems like or loose songs not released as singles. Either spotify should find some partnership with a website like DatPiff or LiveMixtapes, or just allow the mixtapes on Spotify. There is no reason the Kendrick Lamar EP should not be on Spotify

1 Reply

bump -___-

it says a Drake song is FLAPJACK what the hell is wrong with you guys

Suggested posts