Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files greyed out on phone

Local files greyed out on phone

I synced local files from my laptop to my phone and they are greyed out so can't play or download them. I tried everything I could find online but nothing solves it. Even did a clean reinstall of the app but it keeps happening.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 11, MacBook Pro 2020

Operating System

iOS 14.2, macOS Catalina

3 Replies

Hey @Paradoxmaster,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you're still unable to play your Local Files on your phone, we'd recommend taking a look at this article for more info on how to get them to work. 

Could you confirm that you've tried all the troubleshooting steps listed in the article above? If so, we'll see what else we can suggest.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

Yes, I've tried them all but none of it worked.

Hi again @Paradoxmaster,

Thanks for your reply!

Currently there is an issue with local files that have special characters or language specific letters in their names. If that's the case with the files you're trying to sync head over to this Ongoing Issue thread for more info. Don't forget to add your +Vote and subscribe to the thread, in order to stay up to date with any development.

If your files' names have only letters from the standard English alphabet, it might be worth trying to reupload them using another network. Try deleting the files from the Desktop app > create a Mobile Hotspot from your phone and connect both devices to that > reupload the songs with both apps open.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts