Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files problem

Local files problem

I own a mac pro and an iphone 7, both of them connected to the same wifi network.

I have a few local files and downloaded it on my phone a long time ago already... It was working just fine, but now the local files don't play on my phone anymore, even though it says they're there, downloaded. I've tried:

- checking the firewall

- downloading again

- creating and connecting to the phone network

- making a playlist with all the local files songs and downloading it

Nothing seems to work. When you click the song on the phone, it doesn't play. Sometimes the song opens, but it closes on the same second. 

If I search for the song on the search bar and click it, it says that the song is not downloaded (then it teaches you how to download it)

Also: I have on my local files a few different versions of famous songs. Only on my phone, spotify reads them as the famous songs and plays them as such, which means i "lose" the different version... What can I do?

Thank you 🙂

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, that's not good!

What file types are you syncing across devices? Currently, Spotify only supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files.

Have these files played on your phone before? If so, did it stop working after a specific update or change to your device? 

Let us know and we'll see what we can suggest.

Cheers,

Lee

Hey Lee, thank you for your answer!

It's all .mp3. It stopped working when I changed my phone... It was Iphone 6, and now is Iphone 7.

Thank you,

Ana

I'm having the same issue on android.

none of my previously synced files are working anymore.. (not downloading, although PC & Android is on)...

Oh, and I did not change my phone, I might just have been either a PC or Android Spotify Update..

Same issue here - all my local files are showing as downloaded in the iphone playlist, but won't play.

Frustrating..

Solved my issue - was to do with the available space on my harddrive (which is also my Spotify cache location).

Cleaned up my harddrive, relinked the files to the playlist, and they all synced properly.

I have A LOT of free space, my mac and my iphone are less then 50% full... 

Suggested posts