Local files will not sync

Solved!
Highlighted

Local files will not sync

unsurety
Music Fan

I have an iPod touch updated to the latest firmware. For some reason, the last time I synced it, my playlists synced fine, including all the local files. Now, it refuses to sync the tracks and I can't play them. WHY??

Also, it would be nice to just sync things through USB. It makes no sense to require a wi-fi connection. I got a wireless internet adapter just for this purpose, and it doesn't even work. Exact same problem happened on my Android device. Spotify detects neither, despite being on the same wireless network.

• Playlists are set to available offline on all devices (desktop, iOS, Android)
  • Tried syncing through both USB and wi-fi
  • Tried disconnecting wired LAN connection to just use wi-fi
  • All devices were logged out, logged back in, restarted
  • Have reinstalled Spotify on all devices

Please give us the option to download the legacy version at least, I would rather use a dusty old app that works fine rather than a shiny new version that has more problems and fewer features.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Local files will not sync

unsurety
Music Fan

For the time being, I've found what works - you need to go into Windows Firewall and make an exception for Spotify be allowed through the firewall.

Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow a program through Windows Firewall

Then, make sure Spotify is allowed on your home network. These boxes were unchecked, and until I checked them, nothing else I did fixed the problem for me.

2 Replies

unsurety
Music Fan

and yes - my wireless network is set as a "home" network. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the network and restarting spotify after as well, but it still doesn't detect my devices

Solution!

unsurety
Music Fan

For the time being, I've found what works - you need to go into Windows Firewall and make an exception for Spotify be allowed through the firewall.

Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow a program through Windows Firewall

Then, make sure Spotify is allowed on your home network. These boxes were unchecked, and until I checked them, nothing else I did fixed the problem for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS