Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files wont sync on iphone

Local files wont sync on iphone

I've had this problem for quite some time. At first some of my playlist containing local files would sync, and some would not, so i tried reinstalling the app - which only resulted in none of the local files syncing at all. My firewall is set to accept spotify, my iphone and mac is connected to the same wifi... This is amazengly frustrating, about to end my subscrition to spotify as i've had this problem as long as i've been a premium subriber.

5 Replies

Hey! Unfortunetely Spotify doesn't support syncing local library from one device to another. Sorry 🙂

Hello @henny1402, welcome to the Spotify community!

That's not correct @adriank1410.

You can sync local files between different devices as long as you have them added to a playlist.

The procedure is:

1. Turn on "offline mode" for the playlist in the computer
  2. Make sure your iPhone is connected to the same wifi that your PC, then turn on "offline mode" for the playlist on the iPhone.
  3. Your music, including local files, will start to download.

If it's not working for you, I recommend a clean reinstall of the app (https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/)

i dont think this works over ethernet

Hi,

i've tried all your suggestions (offline mode and reinstalling spotify on both my mac and iphone), but without any results. Even tried connecting both my devices to a different wifi, still nothing. On my mac it says "waiting..." where you flip the switch to offline mode, on my phone it says "waiting to download". All the spotify tracks are synced, but none of my local files.

any other suggestions?:)

I've had this problem for a year and a half now and no Spotify suggestions work. I wish Apple Music wasn't just as terrible or I'd switch to it. At least then I could listen to the 2,000+ tracks that I've purchased which aren't on Spotify.

Suggested posts