Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have local songs imported in Spotify on my laptop. They are shown in a playlist and I can play them on my laptop. However, when I open the app (usage of same wifi), I go to playlists, the respective playlist is listed stating 83 songs, but when I click on it the playlist is empty.

I already logged out of the app and reinstalled it. Didn't help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turns out it was my Firewall. Although I allowed Spotify it wasn't working. I had to deactivate my firewall. Not its working. I guess everybody has to check their firewall themselves. I use Avast. Under Security >> Firewall I can just deactivate it for a certain amount of time. After that it was working perfectly.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hello, can anybody please help me? I am paying for Spotify?!

Hey @mausi121.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Do you mind creating a new playlist in the desktop app and moving the songs over to it from the original playlist

If that doesn' t work, then could you try changing the source folder for the local files in the app settings to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi sadly it didn't help. Neither changing the local folder, nor creating a new playlist with song from the new folder. I already de- and reinstalled the app.

I also tried other local songs in a new playlist. Didn't help.

Strangely in the oveview of paylists the app always states the correct number of songs. But when I tap on it it's empty.

I. I got the same issue !

And no trick to solve it

I hope sbdy will find

Please help us !

Spotify Premium, USA

PC with Windows 10

iPhone 6s 

Problem: I created (with a lot of difficulty) a LOCAL FILES playlist on my  PC Spotify App.  The playlist name shows up on my iPhone playlist, but it's empty. 

I've read in other answers that one solution may be to use the "offline mode" to download the list to my phone.  I don't know if this is the best solution, but:

I CAN'T FIND "OFFLINE MODE" ANYWHERE, not on my PC or anywhere on the iPhone app!  PLEASE ANSWER WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIND IT. 

Also, tell me how to disable the firewall if that is the problem! 

Thanks, Anita

Here's a shot of the list on Spotify on my iPhone 6s, showing no songs.Here's a shot of the list on Spotify on my iPhone 6s, showing no songs.

that is the problem I have. To download a playlist in the app, tap on the three dots in the top right corner. But this doesn't help downloading local songs either.

Marked as solution

Turns out it was my Firewall. Although I allowed Spotify it wasn't working. I had to deactivate my firewall. Not its working. I guess everybody has to check their firewall themselves. I use Avast. Under Security >> Firewall I can just deactivate it for a certain amount of time. After that it was working perfectly.

Thanks for the tips. but it doesn't work there.

The strangest thing is if i share the playlist, the reader could show the local songs, and can heard it....

Please help

Hey @mausi121 - glad to hear that tweaking your Firewall settings worked for you!

@Astapen - do you mind trying what @mausi121 suggested above and seeing if it works for you too?

@EricGT - could you clarify what you mean by 'the reader'? Do you mean that if you share the playlist with someone else, they can see the songs and listen to them?

Keep us posted 🙂

Yes it's exactly the issue

If i qhare the playlist, the other can acces to the imported song...

I have the same issue. My local songs will not appear on a playlist I set to download on my iPhone.

I have no firewall app like Avast.

I have my phone and spotify on the same network.

I made sure the playlist has been set to download both on Mac Desktop App and the iPhone App. I have the latest versions of both. I don't know why this is happening.

This is not the first time this happened. Please fix this!

Thanx!

Hey! I have the same problem, im on a iphone X and on the same wifi as my pc, playlist is empty. I have my firewall off aswell

Windows 7, iPhone 6s IOS 13.2.2

Turned off the firewall, tried multiple times. It shows on the playlist, and when I press download it downloads. But when I get on the iPhone it shows an empty playlist. Anyone?

Suggested posts