Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock Screen Controls - Spotify Connect - iOS?

Solved!

Lock Screen Controls - Spotify Connect - iOS?

When I'm using Spotify Connect, there does not seem to have any lock screen controls. Is this expected?

Are there any places to incorporate lock screen controls when using Spotify Connect?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The version of the iOS app I'm running seems to have fixed this issue. When I'm connected to my Sonos or Google Home, the lockscreen now still shows what's playing. 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

@coolspot18 The Spotify Connect features are only available in app only.

Lock screen controls are controlled by Apple's API and unless its the host device thats playing music, it wouldn't work.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Bummer, looks like I'll stick to Airplay ... no need for a premium membership too 😄

True that iOS only shows lockscreen controls if the app is outputing audio. However, Spotify could output silence to the iOS media handler to force the lockscreen controls to appear.

This is a great idea. I use my Pebble Watch to control Spotify but would love to use it whilst my iPhone is controlling a Spotify Connect device...

This problem is not yet solved, but they're working on it.

I updated my droid turbo and all my lock screen audio controls are gone now. How do I get them back?

Same thing using Spotify Connect with a PS4. There's no solution/fix so far, I understand?

Marked as solution

The version of the iOS app I'm running seems to have fixed this issue. When I'm connected to my Sonos or Google Home, the lockscreen now still shows what's playing. 🙂

Ive read about it. Finally! But after 4 years... I already sold my Gramofon.

But good that its finally working.

Its finally working now!

I had the same problem. For me, I had to go into my notifications and turn off the iTunes notifications for the lock screen and make sure they are on for Spotify. Then it should show Spotify on the lock screen again. 

Suggested posts