Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Losing Offline Music

Losing Offline Music

I have been consistently losing my music set for OFFLINE mode.  Only thing i can do is reselect the music for offline.

Does anyone know why this happens?  Is this happeneing to anyone else?  Bug?

If I have albums set on my iphone set for offline, but then log into my iPad where nothing is set for offline, will that sync the two devices?  Could this be the reason why i have this issue?

As far as funtcionality...

If I select an Album set to be available for offline, then i go into My Songs...will i see those song from the Album set as offline?

Will a song take twice as music space if I set a song for offline as well as the album that song is from?

Thanks

-Evan

2 Replies

Losing offline music usually happens when you have more than 3 devices set for offline use. The limit is 3 offline devices. This can sometimes happen if you switch between devices often (logging out and in) and it loses the session, brining the current sessions to more than 3.

It's best to sign into this offline devices page often and check the devices that are currently activated for offline use:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

The downloaded song is only downloaded one time. It won't be downloaded twice if you have the album downloaded as well as the playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the information!

Suggested posts