Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 10

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the last few days I’ve notice a significant decrease in the volume that Spotify plays at on my Google Home mini. The same thing is happening on all 3 of my mini speakers throughout the house. It happens when casting from my iPhone to the speaker and it happens when I say "Hey Google, play Spotify". The Google Assistant Volume is still the same, as is the volume from other audio like radio stations etc. So, if I turn up the volume when Spotify is playing enough that I can actually hear the song, the Google Assistant volume/alarms etc are crazy loud. I’ve tried unplugging the speakers and plugging them back in. This happened with no changes in settings, hardware, wifi devices etc. Nothing changed, just the Spotify volume. I'm not sure if this is a Spotify issue, or a Google Home issue. Any idea what might be causing this?

3 Replies

Hey @myhippocket,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure the volume in the Connect picker from the Spotify app is all the way up when casting. You can change the volume from the app which might vary from the volume of the speaker.

To check this, from your mobile device, select the current device playing in the Now playing view. There, you can find at the bottom of the screen the volume bar of the device which is playing the content. It looks like this:

If the volume is not all the way up, the behavior you kindly described is expected. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried this but it does not solves the problem.  When I move the volume up on the slider in the picture as you suggested, it also increases the volume on my Google Home mini speaker.  Which if fine for listening to Spotify.  But as soon as the speaker plays anything else the volume is way too high.

Hey @myhippocket,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to Google Support and letting them know about this issue.

Please keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts