Plan

Premium

Country 

México

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.14

Lyrics aren’t showing on iPhone XS, tried reinstalling, restarting the phone but nothing works, there’s no option on settings neither.

Top Answer
Billy-J
Spotify Star

Hey @miguelroblessp, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There is some info about viewing lyrics here. This feature is only available for select songs. If you don't see lyrics/story on a song, this means it isn’t available for that song. New lyrics and stories are added to Genius every day, so you may find it added in the future.

It'd also be great for you to vote and subscribe to this idea where all the updates regarding this will be posted.

I hope this helps!

47 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting. Just jumping in to add some extra info to what @Alex and @Mario posted.

We'd like to point out that even though the lyrics feature was officially released in some markets, it's not yet available for all accounts. The reason for this is that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So  it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

A possible workaround would be to create a new account and see if the lyrics feature is available there. If that's the case you can use the steps here to transfer your music collection

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It has been annoying me for a while that it does not work for me either. I use this account to manage artist and I also sync myself lyrics to songs by musixmatch, so I really need this feature. I'm also worried about this issue being tied to certain accounts, so if I were to change accounts, I'd need guarantee that I'd have all my playlists with all their followers switched to my new account, and also my listening history. (The link suggesting how to copy your playlists to another account is ridiculous, I'd lose everything doing that).

So, reading this thread, I decided to try some of the steps suggested here, and that's what's happened

1. Tried a clean reinstall. It didn't work.
  2. Created a new account. The lyrics feature worked. 
  3. Logged out, then logged in my old account. It did not work. 
  4. Switched back to the new account. It stopped working (!!!)
  5. Switched to the old account. Still not working. 
  6. Switched again to my new account. It started working again (??)
  7. Switched for the last time to my old account and still nothing. 

As I said before, I really need this feature to work. It is very frustrating to pay for a premium account and not having important features for my work, that includes managing artists and syncing lyrics. Also it is frustrating to create a brand new free account and see it working. 

Hey @Xakol,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the Community.

Currently there isn't a way to manually determine which accounts participate in certain test A/B testing groups. Should you decide to start using your new account, you can transfer your playlists easily by creating a copy from your old account using the steps in our previous post. Note that this doesn't involve any deletion of your playlists, so rest assured they'll be safe and sound 🙂

The listening history and playlist followers however can't be copied over, however we're always open to new ideas. The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So do I, after more than 5 years subscription, now i move to other service, cause i'm tired waiting for lyrics

At last i create new account and lyrics shown on it, its ok for now but still hope the solution is not create a new account

didnt work for me

I have this issue too

porque as músicas com o idioma inglês não tem letras?

Suggested posts