Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Memory Usage on Iphone for Spotify

Memory Usage on Iphone for Spotify

I am thinking of upgrading my account purely based on the fact that I would like to listen to music with my iPhone on the go.

My iPhone has under 1gb of memory left as it is. I am wanting to make my playlists available offline to not use up my data whilst outside of my house (therefore no wifi connectivity). Am I able to do this without storing the songs on my iPhone?

3 Replies

@EmilyJade wrote:

I am thinking of upgrading my account purely based on the fact that I would like to listen to music with my iPhone on the go.

My iPhone has under 1gb of memory left as it is. I am wanting to make my playlists available offline to not use up my data whilst outside of my house (therefore no wifi connectivity). Am I able to do this without storing the songs on my iPhone?

Erm. What do you think? (No offense).

• Not online
  • Not on the device

Where will they come from?

So, no. To have them offline, you need to have them stored (downloaded).

Woah LiamW, let's keep this friendly. EmilyJade, your phone will need to store music before it can play music offline. It will take up some space, but it is quite easy to manage.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

A bit of a follow.on to Emily's question - When i first joined spotify premium i imported my itunes playlists.  I've since bult my playlists with additional spotify music - the question i have is when i make my spotify playlists available offline does it recreate the music files i originally imported from itunes essentially duplicating memory usage or are the orginal itunes files linked somehow?

thanks!

Suggested posts