Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile library filter [iOS]

Mobile library filter [iOS]

Call me crazy but I don't make playlists. My library is where I put all the songs, star a song, downloaded, done. However I used to use the filter under Songs in Library as a way to find songs. Filter for the song then hit play. The previous version of Spotify would KEEP the filter as long as the search terms were in the filter box. Then you could clear the filter as simply by hitting the little X. The song I searched for is playing and the next tracks are from my library NOT the filter since it was cleared.

Here is the issue. Today the ability to clear filters has been removed. In your library filter for a song, play it, clear filter, and your queue will only show the filter. So basically it is impossible to instantly search for a song in your library and play it and then remove the filter to allow a shuffled mix.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd call out that changing the order of your library from recently added to alphabetical does work bc you can just scroll to the specific song, but that definitely isn't a solution and I prefer the order in recently added so I can see my newest songs!

0 Replies

Suggested posts