Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS13.6

My Question or Issue

Over the last 3 nights spotify has started music automatically in the middle of the night on our 2 phones. It occurs just after midnight and it starts playing the last song that was played hours before using spotify connect. It occurred on one phone for 2 nights (the phone that was used hours earlier for spotify connect) and then a different phone which was used that night for spotify connect. We have been using spotify connect for years without this issue on our iOS devices. The music is not played on the spotify connect device (outdoor speakers), just on our phones next to our bed waking us up. 

4 Replies

Hey @clearmysix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Also, attach a screen recording of what’s happening exactly and I’ll take a closer look for you.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Apparently just posting to this forum fixed the problem. I did restart the devices and then tried to catch the phone in the act of automatically starting music in the middle of the night and it has not done it since. 

Happened for 3 days in a row on 2 different phones. Now nothing. 

fingers crossed. If it happens again I’ll repost and catch it in the act. 

Hey @clearmysix,

I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think this just happened to me and my partner! A song I listened to about 2 hours ago started playing on my parters device. I listened straight from my phone from my own account. She has her own account and has never listened to the song herself! How could this happen?

Suggested posts