Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue
After a few hours the music stops playing, I put the cell phone connected to a speaker at the company and after a while the music stops playing.

13 Replies

Hey @exportadorasf

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, are you using any VPNs? If so, we suggest that you turn it off since it can affect the app's performance. 

On another note, is this happening only when you're listening to music on an external speaker or when you're streaming directly on your phone as well?

Lastly, we'd like to know if the same happens using a different internet connection. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am not using any VPN. I am not sure if only happens only on speakers, because we only use this way. 
I tried other internet options and we donwload the music but it still happened. 

Hey @exportadorasf

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? 

It's a good idea to restart the speakers you're trying to stream on and see if that makes any difference. Also, as @Eni suggested below try streaming directly on your phone to see if the issue persists. 

If that doesn't do it for you, try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues. 

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I will try to use the spotify without the speaker. 
We already tried to clear cache, re-install the app, clear the phone and install everything again, restart the speaker. 

Hey @exportadorasf

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

It does sound like this might be caused by your battery saving/optimizing setting, so we'd recommend checking this as well.

You can do that by tapping on Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator

Thank you for your reply. 
Even when not conect to a speaker the music stops after some hours. I already configured the optimize battery use and also don't use battery saving mode on this iPhone. 

Hey @exportadorasf,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared 🙂

Just to confirm, is this happening on another mobile device?  It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, is this happening if you open a different account on your iPhone? This'll help us identify if this inconvenience is account-related. You can ask a friend to open their account on your cellphone and check.

Lastly, can you let us know the exact OS version of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator

We already tried an iphone and an android device. we also changed the account and the same thing happened.  The OS version is the latest for iphone 7, i can't check right now, i can give you the correct answer on monday

Thank you for your help.

Hey @exportadorasf

Thanks for your reply. 

This is quite odd, specially since it's happening on multiple devices, accounts and connections, even while offline. We haven't seen any other reports about this, nor have we been able to replicate this issue on our end using different setups. 

In this case, we'll be waiting for the exact OS version of your phone and Spotify version you have to see if this gives us some clues about what might be happening. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, @eni
Thank you for your assistence. We were using iOS version 13.6.1 and updated for iOS 15.7. Spotify version 8.7.64. 

Hi @exportadorasf!

When the music stops, does the progress bar stay at 0:00, or disappear entirely? If so, then it's possible you're experiencing this ongoing issue we're currently investigating, so feel free to check it out, if you haven't already. We'll post updates on the matter there as soon as we have them.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey! 

The bar goes to 00:00 in the music that was playing. Just hiting play the music goes on again. 

Hey @exportadorasf,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Since the progress bar seems to be not moving, it is related to the Ongoing issue that @Dian mentioned previously. Feel free to add your vote by hitting the "Thumbs up" button to be aware of any updates posted. We hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible, but we don't have a specific date yet.

We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps and testing the issue on different devices. Any additional information you have about it, could be posted in the Ongoing issue thread directly.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts