Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't play on my iPhone

Solved!

Music won't play on my iPhone

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

(iPhone Xs Max, iPad Pro 11" 2020)

Operating System

(iOS 14.6, iPadOS 14.6)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have a problem with my Spotify Premium. Since last week I am unable to play any music in my app on my iPhone Xs Max. Everything is working the same, just only when I press play button it changes to pause button, time is still 0:00 and no sound coming from the phone's speakers or via bluetooth (for info: the music is saved in device, not to be dowloaded). In some rear cases (after restart of app or phone, or playing some podcast - that one works) it actually starts to play but only one song (the last one open) and you can't rewind it or play next song because it would totally stop again. I have tried reinstalling the app, but unsuccessfully resulting into same issue, plus super mad about installing huge amount of music again with unlocked screen and opened app. I have no problem with Spotify on my iPad Pro tho. There it is working just fine but I won't take my iPad with me to play music in my car, where I use it most often. So disappointed about Spotify now. Thanks for any advice.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Venca_CZ! Thanks for reporting this and welcome to the Community! 👋

I know how difficult it is when the app starts acting up. Don't worry, the Community is here to help you! 🙂 

Since you can listen to music normally using Spotify on your iPad, we can assume some issue might be causing trouble on your iPhone. 

I understand you've already tried reinstalling. However, we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. If you have questions about this process, you can see here how to perform a clean reinstall.

Since we want this resolved for you soon, we'll stay tuned for your reply.

Take care!
Mateus

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Venca_CZ! Thanks for reporting this and welcome to the Community! 👋

I know how difficult it is when the app starts acting up. Don't worry, the Community is here to help you! 🙂 

Since you can listen to music normally using Spotify on your iPad, we can assume some issue might be causing trouble on your iPhone. 

I understand you've already tried reinstalling. However, we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. If you have questions about this process, you can see here how to perform a clean reinstall.

Since we want this resolved for you soon, we'll stay tuned for your reply.

Take care!
Mateus

MateusMSpotify Star

Thanks a lot, Mateus. You are really a rockstar. It seems to work now.

Glad to hear that it works for you now @Venca_CZ!

If you need any other help, feel free to reach out to the Community!

Have a great week!

MateusMSpotify Star

Suggested posts