Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My menu has changed.

My menu has changed.

Since I downloaded Spotify, my menu (home, browse, search...) has been vertical and on the left. Seemingly out of no where, the other day, my menu changed and all the menu options are lined up at the bottom of the screen horizontally. Also, when I click on the equalizer button it doesn't pull up the eq as before. I'm not sure how this happened but any help would be appreciated.
16 Replies

This is what it looks like now. http://i67.tinypic.com/2h3nc4x.png

I reinstalled it and it went back to the original state, but I think I liked it the other way still. Any ideas, anyone?

Same bevavior with my iPhone 6. I like the new design with the buttons at the bottom, but I need the equalizer for a good sound on my headphones. Equalizer does not show up anymore like you described.

I reinstalled the app and it had the old design with a functional equalizer. One night later it was back to the new design with a broken eq.

Please help!

Hey there @stevenbg!

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Spotify Community.

Spotify is always testing things to better improve on an experience. The new tab you have right now is one of the few changes made on the app, which may or may not be permanent.

Hope this clarifies things up.

Cheers,

Mary

Hey Mary_Jay,

this does help a bit, but THE EQUALIZER IS NOT WORKING. That is my issue.

Hey @xgotox

Thanks for the post.

It's not missing! 

If you go to Your Library > Profile > Settings it's still there 🙂

Let me know if you find it.

-Mary

Hey @xgotox

Im so sorry I misunderstood the issue. 

So the equalizer is still there but it's the old one.

Can you post a screenshot of it here and I'll take a closer look at it for you.

Ever so sorry 😞

I never said it's missing, it's NOT WORKING.

As stevenbg said: "when I click on the equalizer button it doesn't pull up the eq as before."

Same for me, clicking the eq button does not show any eq settings, nothings happening.

"So the equalizer is still there but it's the old one. Can you post a screenshot of it here and I'll take a closer look at it for you."

You said you see the eq button, guess you don't need a screenshot. Clicking the button does not do anything on my device.

Hi @xgotox,

Have you tried restarting your device, reinstalling the app once more?

I understand that you have already done these before, but could you try it again and see if that helps?

If this hasn;t worked, then could you tell me what version of Spotify you have, and what phone you use?

Thanks for taking care.

I reinstalled 3 times already, deactivated automatic updates. Version 5.1.0.109 gets installed, has old design and working eq. After second start (or at second usage) I have the new design with malfunctioning equalizer.

Phone is iPhone 6 with latest official iOS version, no jailbreak or other special configuration.

The EQ button is there, but doesn't even open AT ALL on my iPhone 6.

Another thing...you say Spotify is always testing new things. I work in the software industry, at a very detailed level. If I were to "test" something on a working environment, i would no longer be working in the software field. Furthermore, how do I get removed from the "test" group?

Issue solved with newest version 5.2.0

I had the new view all of a sudden too and I liked it much.
It's hard to push the buttons on the left corner on an iPhone 6S plus.
But the equalizer didn't open too, even if I reinstalled it.

At same time I opened Spotify on my iPhone 6 and had the old view.
After I restarted it a few times I had the new view too. On my 6S+ it changed from new to old simultaneously.
After I updated Spotify yesterday I only have the old view (I don't like it)
I want the buttons on the button again.

Is there anyway to activate it again?

Any update on this. My brother has the new tabbed view and I have the old Hamburger menu view. I want the new view but can't seem to get it.

Suggested posts