Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My public playlist doesn't show in my public playlists when viewing my own profile

Solved!

My public playlist doesn't show in my public playlists when viewing my own profile

I've updated and even uninstalled and re-installed. I've found other threads that mention a similar problem, some of them dating years back.

It's not private, it's not collaborative. It's just my favorite playlist. I'm pretty sure that others can still see it despite this issue on my end but for the love of god when I go view my own profile I want to see it with the rest of my playlists. 

What gives?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok - I made it secret and then public again. Seemed to work! Many thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I've had multiple times in which a playlist I thought was public was actually set to "secret." I fixed this by right clicking the playlist, clicking "Make Secret," and then clicking "Make Public," again.

If that doesn't work, could you post a link to the playlist and to your profile? I'd be happy to take a look.

If I make it secret will it lose all of its followers? 52 people follow it
and I don't want to take it away from them and make them find it again.

Here's my profile:
https://open.spotify.com/user/1262603226?si=OhkCHBjzTYSJ6JM5rJ4-dg

The playlist is called "ralph nader" (there is absolutely no reason it's
called this). Let me know if it shows up for you.

Thanks!

After viewing your profile, I can confirm that "ralph nader" is not listed in your playlists for me.

Setting a playlist to "secret" shouldn't remove followers from accessing it. It should only prevent more people from finding it through search or through your profile link. If you want to be absolutely positive, you can create a new playlist, I will follow it, and you can then set it to "secret," and I will let you know if I can still access it.

Marked as solution

Ok - I made it secret and then public again. Seemed to work! Many thanks

I'm glad you found my answer helpful!

Suggested posts