Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS X)

My Question or Issue

The new Spotify UI update sticks the Repeat functionality in an ellipsis menu in the upper right hand corner.  I use this functionality many times on a daily basis and have for years.  In addition to having to reset to repeat one every time I change tracks (that setting used to save) and hit next track, now I have to go into the ellipsis menu every time too.

I can't tell if I'm part of an A/B test because friends of mine haven't seen this yet and there's no forum posts talking about it.  However, it seems like it's part of UI overhaul based on how it looks and the latest tweet from Spotify Cares.  I never use the favorites functionality so this update is a straight downgrade for me.

I doubt I can do much except repeat how negatively this impacts me.  My guess is this change will happen no matter what.  That said, I would kill for either getting the repeat functionality back in the main window, or just having a repeat one setting that doesn't constantly turn off whenever I change songs.

5 Replies

I also hate having to go out of my way to get to my queue, instead of having it at the top right telling you how many songs you have in your queue. 

Hey @grunzen, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Thanks for sharing it here! 

I'll make sure to pass the feedback to the right folks at Sptofiy 🙂

If you could, please share a screenshot of it!

Thanks and have a great day! 🙂

Loxer, screeshots are attached.  Any help is appreciated!

IMG_4410.PNG
IMG_4411.PNG

Hey @grunzen,

Sorry for the delay!

At Spotify, there are possible improvements and new features often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period. 

Things being tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for us to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices. 

Hope it helps!

Note: I also provided with your feedback on this change the right folks at Spotify. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange 🙂
This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

just want to flag that i'm having this issue and am similarly displeased. i rely on my ability to repeat songs and playlists. burying this toggle under multiple clicks is really annoying. i only figured out how to find the button today. it took me 2 weeks to figure this out. *sigh*

Suggested posts