Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New UI

New UI

Yeah... any chance you can roll it back or atleast give users the option to use the old one? The “repeat” button and “shuffle” button should always be together and now it just seems that the “add to queue” button is in an inconvenient place.

Idk. Just my opinion and judging by the feedback in r/Spotify on reddit, people really aren’t liking it and some are unsubscribing.

Cheers

5 Replies

Yeah I almost canceled after seeing this. Hoping this was just a mistake. Seems like a change going deliberately against user wants. I can't imagine that the Shuffle button is pressed more frequently than the Repeat button.

I don't mind the redesign except for the those reasons. It should not take me an extra click to get to the queue or repeat. Put them back on the main screen and throw that share button in the menu.

I don't even see any extra functionality. They just slapped on a new design and made queue harder to access. If they would have a few update notes maybe with rationalizations I wouldn't be so **bleep** baffled every update. Right now this seems literally pointless.

Hey @Boschmaniac, welcome to the Community.
Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

In this case if you don't like this change to Spotify I'd suggest supporting this idea in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Currently to access repeat/shuffle buttons and the queue you need to tap on the … top right corner.

Thanks! 🙂

If you would like to see the repeat button moved back, please like this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Return-repeat-and-queue-buttons-to-Now-Playing-scree...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts