Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Update, still old menu

Solved!

New Update, still old menu

I just downloaded the latest update on my iPhone, but i still have the "old menu" in the upper left corner. When I for example log in with my brothers account on my iPhone, the menu is at the bottom of the screen. What's wrong? I want the menu to appear at the bottom on my own account as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I updated my Spotify app this morning, and I finally got the new menu. Problem solved for me. What about you guys?

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Yeap, I think the New Menu is only available in the US at the moment unfortunately.

Also check out this Idea below and give some Kudos and leave a comment.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Other-Remove-Hamburger-Menu-and-Replace-with-Tab-Bar...

Nope, in US and one phone has it and one phone doesn't, this is a complete deal breaker.

I live in the US with an iPhone 6 running the latest version of iOS and latest version of Spotify. Literally, every friend and family member I've asked has had their Spotify mobile user interface updated to the bottom of the screen while I'm sitting here with the retro-hamburger style. I was an early adopter and I've been a paid subscriber for years but Spotify can't give me any feedback on when I will get the update or better yet why I don't have it.

I've really been beginning to look at other streaming services lately. Which is a shame. I've built such a relationship with Spotify's services but I just can't get logical answers regarding simple things like this.

The main issue on Spotify is that they're testing out new experiments with a small portion of people, they don't want to do a full release which is a shame I give you that. We just need to be patient and wait Spotify to release new features.

Same issue here. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips (reinstall, restart, change options, different user) and still see the hamburger in version 5.7.0.1055.

What to do?

I have no idea what to do but wait. I've also tried the different troubleshooting but nothing works. I've lost motivation to try more things. I'll just wait.

My wife just put the Spotify app on her iPhone 6 and she has the new menu. I still have the hamburger menu!!! C'MON SPOTIFY WTF

Yeah, it's rather frustrating that it's all controlled server side. I've been speaking to support to see if they can manually enable it for my account, but I'm not holding out hope (as I'm not in one of the rollout countries either).

This sucks. As of this morning I had the new bottom bar controls. I did something odd or logged out and back in and now I have that horrible, anti-usability statement old version back! Come on guys you're better than this. Enable the same **bleep** for everybody!!

It seems Australians now have the new tab bar navigation 🙂 

I had the new menu in UK free version but since yesterday after I've subscribed to premium in Canada, it turned to old hamburger style.

Hey. I've read some posts about it yesterday and as far as I know, its randomly set to some accounts, just as a try out to see if people likes it. Don't know when its going to be officially released to all users.

Yeah unfortunately (for some reason) it's not rolled out to 100% of users yet. Stay patient and hopefully you'll all get it soon!

I have the version 6.5.whatever but I still have the hamburger. My brother has the same phone (android) and same model but has the bottom menu. It's annoying

I still get the old "hamburger" menu. Everyone else I know has the new UI.

From what I read here it seems like this was rolled out gradually but is it possible that my account still is not updated after almost 6 month of this being available?

Mine is same as yours. Currently I'm just frustrated as to why everyone I know is having it but me. It's just unfair

Please, @Spotify, add some comments to this forum regarding the topic.

My account and the iPhone are used in Estonia, where all my friends have the bottom menu for quite a long time. I still have the old humburger-style menu and have tried to delete the app, reinstalled it several times on my phone, but no go. I hope you pay attention to this question, also because quite a lot of people try to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance!

I contacted spotify support about this issue and since I was getting the new UI in a fresh account that I had created for testing purposes, they offered to transfer all my playlists, followers, favorites, etc. into that new account and close my old account when the subscription was up for renewal. I then just made a premium subscription with the new account. There was a promo offer for new premium subscriptions at the time so I even saved a few Euros 🙂

While not optimal from a techical perspective, at least the problem is now solved for me.

Marked as solution

I updated my Spotify app this morning, and I finally got the new menu. Problem solved for me. What about you guys?

Suggested posts