New Your Library test (iOS & Android)

Re: New Your Library test (iOS only)

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@ryovy_yl2-tzo 

Update: The feedback text area was fixed last week and the fix should be live by now, if it's still not working, keep checking back for app updates.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

unofficially_jj
Visitor
I was part of this testing, evidently unaware that it was a test and I thought it was simply an update. Unfortunately said test and UI has been revoked, with the Nov 5 update. I was just curious if there is a window or idea on when this is coming back or any way to opt back in.

Alex

Hi there @unofficially_jj,

Currently there is no official info on whether the new Your Library design will be made permanent or brought back as an option for users who like it.

We recommend enabling automatic updates, this way you'll always get the newest developments with the app.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Jonera
Music Fan

any news about this a/b test? 

ariselt
Casual Listener
I much prefer the UI shown in this topic to the current one and have seen several ideas about a better search solution and this seems to encompass most if not all of them. Would love to see this rolled out full scale!

[Mobile][Your Library] Sort liked songs playlist

alexandr7a
Visitor

Had a feature come out a while ago where I could sort my liked songs using key words like chill/rap etc. I loved this and was devastated when it disappeared, can only assume it was a trial of the feature? Is this somethings that’s coming out soon?

[Your Library] New library design - Sort per Download Date

Nikster

Hello.

At the moment I have to deal with the new library design and currently, it is absolutly unusable for me, at least with my main focus of hearing podcasts.

I am used to downloading any new episodes of the mutlitple podcasts I hear and then hearing them back to back. With the new design,

1) I am not shown the single downloaded episodes and have to always open the single podcast, which prevents me from hearing different podcasts back to back in a easy manner.

2) Even if I ignore 1), I can't sort the downloads after the download date, which I prefer.

3) Similary to 2), I can't sort my podcasts after recent activity.

4) Ironically, the old design showed the single episodes in downloaded and the show in recently updated, exyctly contrary to the new design. I find the old design choice much more logical.

So my ideas are:

1) Add a "last updated" and "last downloaded" sorting

2) Add the ability to show the individual downloaded files

I don't want to be too negativ because I kind of see the appeal of the new design, but at least for me it is practically just bad at the moment because it takes features away that I am either using or at least used to.

nathanjl
Casual Listener

I did not opt-in to this test (Library changed on Android yesterday Feb 22) nor was I notified that it was happening, so I spent the day thinking this was a programming error of some sort since all of my followed artists, podcasts, and albums were combined in one huge list with no option to sort by "Recently Updated" or navigate to a list of (un-played) podcast episodes. It seemed like Spotify was placing value on how recently I followed or played them instead of how recently the creator released or updated content. Since I primarily use Spotify for podcasts, this update made the app useless and makes it seem like none of Spotify's "Rock Stars" or developers use the app to listen to podcasts. The ongoing lack of interest that Spotify shows in being a podcast player is strange given how much they invest in exclusive podcasts.

Along with not being notified of this test, no opportunity to provide feedback was made available (no green circle with a smiley face to be seen) and no ability to switch back to the classic "Your Library" was offered, which is why I spent the day emailing back and forth with multiple reps at Spotify who did not inform me of the test (offered solutions like "clear your cache" and "uninstall/reinstall" multiple times before making general reference to "always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall"). One of the reps that I am in touch with has told me that they don't know "when any specific features will be back" and if this is the new Library design at the end of the month, I will be canceling my Premium Duo subscription (unfortunately, since that will involve paying more for three separate apps to cover everything I've been getting from Spotify).

Your Library Podcast Layout

Thisiscreature

Previous to today, the Podcast feed in Your Library would give you an update as to what new podcasts had been posted by the channels you follow. Now with the new layout, it does not give a breakdown of a feed of new podcasts, and the "Sort by Recently Added" drop down does not actually sort by recently added. So my idea is to either fix that functionality, or in fact change back the UI to what it was previous to today, when it wasn't broken. 

Re: Your Library Podcast Layout

yiying93

Couldn’t agree more!! I like to check out the new episodes from the feed every day. Now it’s almost impossible... having to go into every single show that I subscribe to and see if there’s a new episode?! Please bring back the UI before this update until you can build a new feed view.

SUGGESTED POSTS