Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New playlists won't sync/load

New playlists won't sync/load

Playlists that I had on my iPod before a few days ago seem to be working perfectly fine but anything created after that won't load. It creates a new section on the playlists tab so I know that the app is acknowledging there are new playlists to sync but it won't load the name or any of the songs in it. I've tried restarting the app, restarting my iPod and deleting and redownloading the app but none of these have worked. I've tried opening the playlists both with the desktop program open and with my laptop turned off and this doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Edit: I just opened the web player and they're not showing there either.

12 Replies

@bghughes95
Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you've used the web player and your playlists won't load, which means either:

a) you're on the wrong spotify account, usually some people sign in with their Facebook account and unknowingly have an existing Spotify account, than there's 2 accounts
b) Someone might have removed the playlists from your account, you can recover it here:
https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/recover-playlists/

good luck!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

The playlists aren't syncing/loading rather than being missing -  I mainly use the desktop Spotify player and it's on there that I create the playlists. The problem arises when I want to play that playlist on another device. Everything's signed in to the same account (all of my old playlists are showing and playing fine on all devices) but the content of new playlists isn't showing. It shows in the list that there should be another playlist but the title is blank and it won't load the list of songs I've added to it.

@bghughes95 That shouldn't happen, all playlists changes happen in real time unless you're syncing local files to the playlists..

Can you go to your playlist on your iPhone and try to add a track from the computer to the playlist, you'll see the song appear in real time on the iPhone.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I am having the same problem.  I had a similar problem with Traktor DJ software.  It turns out that Traktor was referencing an older version of the iTunes library file (where all of the metadata for playlists is kept).  I solved the problem by pointing Traktor to the correct and current iTunes library.  This can happen if you move your music to an external drive or create a new libary.  I cannot figure out how to tell Spotify to look in a different place for the library (where all of the playlist metadata sits.)  It defaults to the old one.  It would be great if somebody from Spotify could tell us how to make this change!

I have the same problem. I add songs onto my playlist on the desktop but they don't show on my phone playlist. I have a premium account, what is this bull**bleep** problem occurring, this has been happening for awhile, fix your software!!!

I have the same problem. This is unnacceptable, I might cancel my premium if this continues...

Same problem here. I've added a new playlist on my iMac, but it won't show on my Macbook and iPhone. I tried rebooting all devices. Changing up the name again, adding more songs so it will sync. Even moving all the songs to a new playlist won't make it show on my other devices.

I've checked out the web player, but it doesn't show up there also.. So there seems to be something wrong with my iMac syncing my playlists... Is there any way I can force sync?

This is really annoying, since the reason I choose spotify that it would work across devices. But seems that's becoming its weak point after all...

Same problem here.  I'm definitely using the same account, because all my previous playlists are visible.  This never happened before I upgraded to Spotify Premium, so there is definately an issue for them to address here.

I have the same problem. PLaylists on my phone don't show up in the web player and playlists I made in the web player don't show up on my iphone in the app. And I am logged into the same account on both the computer and phone.

@fjr2116

Are you using Offline Mode? (if you're Premium)

What happens when you use the Desktop app?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue between Roku and iPhone 6S iOS 9.3.3. Nothing syncs and I have only 1 Spotify account and I use those credentials on both devices. I don't use iTunes.

Exact same problem, really really irritating, they better fix it soon, I'm not paying money every month for a service that doesn't even work properly.

Edit: Yup it fixed itself, it looks like there may be a sync delay between devices, it took 40 minutes for the new playlist to show up on my ipod from my macbook.

Suggested posts