Announcements

New version 1.x is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Solved!

Re: Version 1.0.0.3251 is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Music Fan

Hey man, I would not assume it's working OK again unless I use it for some more days...

Some people reported that the app worked OK for a couple days and then started to fail.

This is clearly an issue, even if not all customers are affected 😉

Casual Listener

Was that a reply to me?

I did not uninstall or reinstall anything but the network settings though, so IF it starts acting up again that will be the first thing i will do again 🙂

Music Fan

Yeah it was 🙂

I tried the reset network settings but it didn't solve it... it's almost impossible to go forward from the earpods without a 5 sec lag at least. With the Music app or previous versions of Spotify didn't happen.

Weird thing is it happens with OFFLINE music... I can understand with streaming, but offline? Really? 😕

Good luck!

Regular

New update is horrible. Design if fine, but overall performance not for acceptance. Sometimes it's freeze even my phone and I need to wait few seconds to kill app. I don't know for what they still waiting.

user-removed
Not applicable

@Dahruu 

Mate, this problem does not occurs only with streaming. I have most played playlist as offline ones, so this problem is even with playlist downloaded on device (my mp3 too). I doubt that changing network settings help with it.

Music Fan

Switching between songs takes up to 20 seconds on an iphone 5S, with all recent updates installed. This is a serious issue, if the most up to date hardware and software won't work properly with this new update.

Music Fan

Same here. Really disgraceful, and my premium subscription is now cancelled. I'm not paying good money for a rubbish product.

Regular

This issue must be massive. And still no decent explanation heard whatsoever. Its been over a week now and must be affecting thousands or maybe even millions. Maybe they are working on it, but why:

A) It's taking so darn long

B) They won't let us, the paying customers, know they are aware of this big issue and really are working their socks off.

I see everyone going through same "repair" patterns only to find out it's the application itself making the mess. BTW, I tried some older version on older device and boy was that fast!

Wake up spotify!

Music Fan

Well, developing a solution is not that easy. First you need to detect what's the source of the problem, then make a plan to fix it (without a plan and studying, they could break another functionality), then develop it and, finally, submit it to the App Store.

People at the App Store will take something like 5 or 6 days to review the app, so calm down.

Still they should have done an exhaustive testing before releasing such a big update.

user-removed
Not applicable
For time being they can go back to previos version. And next time take longer time to test it on more devices.
SUGGESTED POSTS