Announcements

New version 1.x is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Solved!

Re: Version 1.0.0.3251 is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Regular

this is bull**bleep**! I'm a paying customer!

Regular

MikeAllenPugh reported an updated version on April 9th that is considerably more responsive. Any other users' input on the new update? Have you tried it? Is it working for you?

-There is no cow level-

Music Fan

What is his revision?

.3251 still here.

Maybe different regions?

just because someone is unique, it doesn't mean he's useful...

Spotify Legend

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedback, we really do appreciate it.

We're investigating the matter as we speak. Please bear with us, we should have some news for you soon.

We'll keep you all updated.

Casual Listener

the new "improved" spotify is on iOS is just horrible. my iPhone 4 struggle to even put songs on pause.

this is not acceptable. have you guys even tested the new one on older devices at all?

its horrible, im almost tempted to go back to wimp  (even tho that app is **bleep**e but atleast works)

Casual Listener

In iOS 6 in iPhone 3GS exists the same problem, the app is unresponsive and I can hardly use controls, with a delay of 30 or more seconds.

user-removed
Not applicable

Well till that update i was happy user of Spotify Premium on the iPhone 4 as mostly I listen musin on the go. That update does not work best, it's rather tragic - in fine words without swearing. As from spotify forum we can see it is not the "old iPhone" issue. People

with iP5 + have same problems.

IMO

1. New design is not not user friendly, color palette is completely confusing. PC version is ugly too.
2. As many I have problem when I want to change a song, you click next button and the song goes for another 10-30 seconds, until it is changed. If you want to change a song back to previous it is almost impossible to do that by this issue.

3. When hitting pause / stop button same... 10-30 seconds delay.

Why spotify want to be so simillar to Windows 8 / iOS design?

Please do not make us happy at any cost - us users who pay you, give us choice in which graphic design are we interested and we want to see. I personally prefer old one. This also applies to the PC version as well. Add skins or something like that and problem solved 🙂

Music Fan

COME ON! I started paying Premium on the weekend and it worked flawlessly... four days later I get an unusable update?? Are you kidding me?

Casual Listener

i'd just like to add my voice to the list of unhappy customers.

The current version runs sooooo slowly on my iphone 4s.

pausing, skipping tracks, adding things to playlists etc, are all terribly slow.

button presses dont appear to register for up to 15 seconds and then all the UI interaction that happened in that 15 seconds gets handled at the same time. 

it's very frustrating!

come on Spotify, patch this release!

cheers,

Rupert

PS - this is a blip in an otherwise excellent service...

Casual Listener

It's working again on my 4s now!

Dont know what did it, if they updated something or the fact that i replaced the screen so i had reset the date and stuff to get it working. 

( I had the problem on this website, http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/112966/No+signal+after+screen+repair,+Searching...+NEW )

Maybe it could be as easy fix as deleting the network settings from the menu (did that aswell)?

Some thoughts for the people still struggling atleast

SUGGESTED POSTS