Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Iphone 11 pro max / PC

Operating System

IOS 14 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a bunch of local files in my playlist that work, but recently ive downloaded more local files onto my computer, and when i try to add any new ones from my pc to my phone, they show up in the playlist the same as all the other songs do, white name, not greyed out etc, but whenever I click the song it instantly cancels and returns to playing nothing. The songs work on PC, and it's only doing this with newly downloaded local files. All the old ones in the same local files folder still work. 

10 Replies

yep, same issue here. files work on the desktop but not on my phone, it downloads and everything but refuses to play, even after 2 hours of troubleshooting 

same issue here, for some reason some songs do work. 2 songs on the last batch of songs i added worked and then today i added another 2 and 1 of them works. 

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

Try clearing the local files cache, following this guide. After that reupload all local files.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That did not help, any other advise?

Hi there @jontte10002,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

this did not work. as I already mentioned in another reply, some newly downloaded songs do work but the vast majority dont play. heres some screenshots that show what happens when u tap said songs. they play perfectly fine on pc

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 19.31.19.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 19.31.20 (1).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-05 at 19.31.20.jpg

Hey @irregularkhun

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let us know the source where you obtained the Local files from?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I also have the same issue, have tried all the fixes mentioned above as well as all the ones i can find on anything related to local files. I got the files from mp3 files that were downloaded from YouTube via the site;
https://ytmp3.cc/

I have used this for all my previous local files and it has worked fine every time until now. The old files still play fine on my phone but the new ones do the same as what is shown in the pervious screenshots. The new ones show up on my phone but just refuse to play, they play fine on my pc.

Thanks for the help 

Hey @danejacotine,

Thanks for the post.

We can't guarantee that Music files obtained from unoficial sources would work as expected.

Neverhtheless, we suggest you you go through the troubleshooting steps that @Jeremy has suggested above and let us know if that helps.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and none have worked.
I don't think it's a problem of the source of the downloads because my old local files that still work are from the exact same place, just the recently downloaded ones do not work.
Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts