Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No access to Start and Browse pages (iOS 9)

No access to Start and Browse pages (iOS 9)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPad Air

Operating System

iOS 9.2.1

My Question or Issue

Since this morning, I cannot get either Start or Browse pages in my iPad (iOS 9.2.1). I get a "An error has occurred" page including a "Try again?" button (which yields the same result).

Search function and library access are still working.

What's going on?

19 Replies

Hey hey @roosterette!

Thanks for reaching out this sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

You could also try opening the app using a different network to see if the Home and Browse pages load for you.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

clean reinstall, rebooting, respring, using iCleaner, meditation, call to Betelgeuse....It did not help

the problem is observed only on Ios 9 (9.3.5) and has nothing to do with the account

on iOS 12/13 and also on android there is no such problem

and simply the appstore does not allow you to install the application, it says, this does not exist for your IOS version...9.3.5 Ukraine not exist?

Same problem iPhone 4s same ios nothing helps

Hey @m1namoto,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that the requirements for Spotify on an iPad are iOS 12 or above. That's also the reason why you don't see the app in the store. @tommakkk if you're running the same OS version, it's also due to the fact that it doesn't meet the requirements.  

You can find out more about the specs needed to run the app in this Support page. One workaround would be to update to a more recent iOS version, if that's an option for you.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

my app is an old compatible version on ios 9.3.5 and i have the same problem as them. it was working fine for years and this only happened the other day. i thought because the version was old, its still going to be fine since it was compatible but the browse and home page aren't showing though i can still play music thru search, radio, and my library.

i hope you give old version users consideration since not all of us can afford to upgrade thank you 🙂

Hi, its impossible to upgrade ios version on this old iphone 4s. 9.3.6 was last compatible. Its only on your side to fix this like it was. You had earlier same problems on modern phones and ios.  https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Home-screen-troubles/td-p/4766976/page/1

What I find especially grating: this week, I tried to use Spotify on my old Samsung smartphone which still runs Android 4.x. That is so old that even the app for Germany's rail system doesn't run on it any longer. Spotify, however, runs without problems.

Come on: I can do without all the new bells and whistles you keep adding. It would be very nice to still have a Start page on my iPad - surely this can be done.

Hi folks,

Our developers focus primarily on developing the app's functionality for newer devices. So with newer updates some aspects of the app and databases might change and become impossible for older devices to support.

When certain features stop working on older devices, there isn't much that can be done since older OS versions might not allow for certain processes to work.

The app might work on some older device, but we can't guarantee that everything will run smoothly.

Thank you for your understanding.

AlexModerator

I Just found Old Motorola xt910 running android 4.1.2. I instaled spotify and all working fine. It is home and browser Page.

This Phone is almost 9 years Old. 

I don't know what you did, but today the Home tab is working again ... thanks, now we are waiting for browse tab fixes 😄

Oh, I hadn't even noticed (I've been going directly to my library), so thank you for pointing this out. And thank you to whoever fixed this!

my iPod touch ios 9.3.5 "browse" gives still error "page not found"

Home is working, browse still not. Hope you still can.

I also am running Spotify Premium on iOS 9.3.5 ipad and NOT getting Premium service. NO Browse, NO Radio, NOT getting weekly suggestions improvement doing any of the things (reinstall, etc.) suggested. And NO notification that Spotify would no longer deliver all the Premium services they were charging me for, collecting money monthly from my account for. I want a fix for the Non-delivery of paid for services or a refund. I can't afford to upgrade hardware. I'm not being cheap -- we're on Social Security, we're both very ill and all our savings have gone to doctors and hospitals and drug companies, and music is one of the few pleasures my husband has left. So this is hitting us hard. 

Hi @JonsGirl

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry about the inconvenience. It looks like your device doesn't meet the requirements for using the app, so we can't guarantee its proper functionality. 

However, you shouldn't have any problem using the Premium features on a different device, or in case you don't have another one, in the web player

Regarding the refund, you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and further assist you with this.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

iOS9 was released in 2015. What do you expect?

While I understand focusing on newer device functionality for phones because people can basically upgrade these for free every 2 years, I do not understand ensuring your app continues to function for older devices like an iPad because these run anywhere from $500 to $1000. People cannot afford to keep upgrading these devices all the time. Not only that, but it’s just simply unnecessary. They continue to work just fine. Especially for people who are paying for Spotify Premium, we should have the continued access to all areas of the app even on older devices and your company should make sure it works. If there’s an issue with certain processes, maybe make the old app that did work available. It’s unfair to take massive features of this app away simply because someone is not using a brand new device.   

A month ago, or maybe more, the home page and browser page fell off again, search and my library continue to work; I did not write about this problem, I thought it was a temporary error, but as it turned out, the owners of old devices were again forgotten. Return at least the home tab to launch recommendations or daily mixes from there.

Suggested posts