Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more warning preventing duplicate songs in playlists?

No more warning preventing duplicate songs in playlists?

Relevant for Spotify computer client - adding multiple songs to playlist with potential duplicates no longer triggers warning message “this song already is in this playlist, add anyways?”

this was a critical feature that helped keep playlists organized and avoid duplicates. For instance if you want to archive your “release radar” playlists, you can’t do that now without having loads of duplicate songs as the old warning message would “auto filter” duplicate entries out of the new songs, keeping everything neat and orderly. 

Strangely, the warning will pop up when adding single songs, but not “en masse”. Why!? No observable way to toggle this in settings either - I NEVER selected the “do not remind me again” option when this message has pppped up in the past - to put it simply, I RELY on it and would hate to see it needlessly be bypassed. 

MacBook Pro 2015 and iMac Pro 2017 - Catalina, last update before Big Sur. 

spotify premium 

10 Replies

Hey there @SwishTurner,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you let us know the full number of your Spotify version so we can investigate this further?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same issue. It started after the last update of Spotify.

Windows 10 Pro

PS: It still works fine on my Android phone.

Hey @Jeremy
I'm experiencing the same troubles. It appears to be a side effect of the new desktop client update that was released.
My full version info: 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-a

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The reason you're not seeing a duplicate warning for song you add, is that our developers are trying out a New Desktop client. You can head over to this thread to learn more and leave your feedback with what you like and what can be improved. The warning should still come up when you add a song via the mobile app

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What a joke. Did you ever thing of asking us if we wanted this? If you want to put something like this in, please give us an option to do so, and TELL us of the change. Now I have a playlist of many duplicate songs.

Hi there @wsmyth,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that your experience with the New Desktop app hasn't been as expected. We encourage you to leave your feedback in this thread, which has more info about the new UI and is constantly being monitored by the right teams to help us improve.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

That’s sort of useless. The OP mentioned that the warning still appears when you add a single song, but not when you add multiple tracks at once. You said the warning should still appear when using the mobile app. Of course it does, because on the mobile app you can only add one song at a time. You can also only delete one song at a time, which is why it’s a true nightmare to not get the warning when adding multiple tracks.

I’m trying to consolidate two playlists onto one. Would’ve been incredible easy a few months ago. Not any more. Have to remove all the doubles one by one.

It's almost three years later and this still isn't fixed 🙃

And still ongoing!!!  But I’m just using the App on an IPhone and no warning of

duplicate songs!  Come on Spotify!!!  

Well i am thinking of getting another service, SPOTIFY needs to fix this, why they did away with the warning of duplicate songs just does not make any sense  at all

Suggested posts