Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound on TV with apple tv 4k

No sound on TV with apple tv 4k

Hi,

There is no sound from Spotify ios iphone app - airplay - apple

tv 4k - HDMI - TV.

The artwork and music progression appears on tv but no sound.

All firm/software up to date, devices rebooted / reinstalled from scratch. 

setup works with other apps as Youtube, TED 

Older apple tv 2nd generation works fine as well.

If I launch spotify via the apple tv 4k app, then control via iphone app (synchronized accounts), sound OK until next runing off / on 

Can you please help?

thx

25 Replies

Hi @smeggm

Welcome to the Community!

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Additionally, would you mind restarting your router to check if that makes the difference?

In case the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

Cheers - let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the tips but no luck:

I reinstalled completely the app as indicated and tried with router wifi and personal hotspot, no sound.

(I can however control the spotify app installed on the apple4k tv via the iphone)

Does anyone have the same problem?

iphone -spotify app - wifi-appletv4k-hdmi-tv = no sound but artwotk and music progression appears on tv

Hi @smeggm,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try logging out from everywhere and then logging back in only on your TV? 

Let us know if it works fine if you're not connected to any other device.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

Just did it, no change

Hi again @smeggm,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you let us know if your TV is connected to any other devices such as sound systems or smart speakers?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

TV is connected via simple hdmi cable, no bars or amplis

Hey @smeggm,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try with another cable? Are there any changes?

If the issue persists, it's also a good idea to give these steps a go.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I tried with another cable and with another tv with no success.

Does somebody with the same setup arrive to listen to the music?

Hey @smeggm,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

In this case, we'd suggest you click here and try the workaround @btz1 mentioned. Are there any changes?

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Ok, I have done all elements suggested.

My conclusion:

the apple TV - spotify connection is unstable and not usable via personal hotspot:

by resetting everything and accessing the airplay connection via a router it works but only via the apple TV installed spotify app, and not always

if I use the peer to peer, spotify works from the iphone, but all other apps don't, I have to restart all again to use airplay with say youtube.

Are you considering a better integration together with apple ?

It is frustrating, particularly in that the apple2 - spotify connection works flawlessly and is easy to use

Thanks anyway for the support

Hey @smeggm,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

We're continuously optimizing the app in order to better the experience with it and also to ensure that it performs better with partner devices, but we can only optimize on our end. 

We can't say if or when the Apple TV 4K integration will be improved, but we'll pass the information on to the right team. 

We'd suggest you also head here and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Same here, not working over Apple TV Spotify App. I can only AirPlay from iPhone.

Exactly the same has happened to me, it’s worked great for years too!

Exact same thing is happening to me. Was playing a playlist and suddenly there is no sound. I verified with the iPhone app my tv and Apple TV are working normal. 

spotify app on atv doesn’t have sound. Same playlist, no sound. 

very disappointed. The Spotify atv app is prone to errors and overall a poor experience. 

The same thing is happening to me. I can't figure out any logical reason why it's happening, but it's extremely annoying. Prevents me from using my TV to listen to music at all, which I like to do frequently. Having to resort to just listening off of my phone

Same issue happening here 

I have the exact same issue, but have discovered something to add. If while trying to listen on the Apple TV and there's no sound, I use my laptop to change the device to the laptop, then switch it back to the Apple TV from my laptop. It will work normally on the Apple TV until I leave the Spotify App on the Apple TV. When I go back to the Spotify App, I will have to repeat this process to get song audio again on the Apple TV. It's so freaking annoying since I use my TV to listen to music when I'm at home. I actually subscribed to Apple Music over this.

Same issue for me. I have to swipe-close the app and relaunch EVERY TIME I go to play music. Mega annoying. 

I had this same problem, I went to see if the app was updated and it was so I clicked on the open button directly from the App Store and it suddenly started working again. 

Suggested posts