Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No space for download

Solved!

No space for download

Hi,

I’m using an iPhone 7. I’ve been using Premium for several years now, but since several weeks I cannot download any playlists anymore. I keep receiving an error message which says

“All filled up.

Epic collection, friend. There’s no more room in Your Library. To save more you’ll need to remove some songs or albums.”

I have more than 10 GB free space on my phone but I can’t even download a single song!  I have tried emptying the cache, deleting the app, signing off - all three several times. Now I’m clueless.

Help is very much appreciated! I’m about to cancel my Premium subscription...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I found the solution 🙂

I had to remove every album and every single song I had ever downloaded individually from my library. To delete them from downloads or empty the cache didn’t do the job...  how stupid is that? I didn’t even know they had been saved there.

Thanks to all!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I encountered this same problem! You can try deleting your captcha, or change where the downloads are stored. If that does not work, try deleting and re-downloading songs and albums you have saved.

@youdidthis,
I agree with try this, and as well as go through your playlists as well/ and deleting songs in your library...
If this doesn't work, I suggest deleting stuff on your phone (ex: texts, emails, photos, and etc)
Hope this helps!

Hey @Youdidit & @emmie_ly, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You can only download a maximum of 10,000 songs per device. If you get an error message that says you’ve reached this limit, try removing some existing downloads.

You can learn more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks to everybody for your responses!

The thing is I have already deleted everything. Right now I have no downloaded songs at all.

Here comes the exception: I can download my own playlists, but not a single song from another playlist! That’s weird, isn’t it?

And it’s definitely not a matter of available storage as even Spotify indicates there is more than 10 GB free space.

How can I change the place where the files get stored on my phone?

Any other suggestions?

Marked as solution

I think I found the solution 🙂

I had to remove every album and every single song I had ever downloaded individually from my library. To delete them from downloads or empty the cache didn’t do the job...  how stupid is that? I didn’t even know they had been saved there.

Thanks to all!

I may use this tip as well, if I ever have the same situation

Suggested posts