Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify keeps skipping and plays when the app is closed?

I’ve gone through dozens of threads and no one seems to have a solution to this. I’ve cleared the cache, closed the ap, logged off on all devices, switched headphones, deleted and reinstalled the app, and toggled almost all the settings on spotify. N...

• I’ve gone through dozens of threads and no one seems to have a solution to this. I’ve cleared the cache, closed the ap, logged off on all devices, switched headphones, deleted and reinstalled the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback failed- not able to play video in you current location

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone X, IOS 11.4.1Spotify version 8.4.**bleep**.787 My Question or Issuewhenever i try to play a song that has a video i get this and I’ve tried restarting my phone and and reinstalling Spotify but nothing works and It’s annoying a...

10BDE69E-FA72-4239-9C1B-30FA926F7308.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone X, IOS 11.4.1 Spotify version  8.4.**bleep**.787  My Question or Issue whenever i try to play a song that has a video i get this⬇️ and I’ve tried restartin...
  • Latrme
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in Queue

My Question or Issue I used to be able to search an artist and look at all their songs and select the first song and spotify would automatically play the rest of the songs for that artist. I can no longer do this. I now have to pick every single song...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue  I used to be able to search an artist and look at all their songs and select the first song and spotify would automatically play the rest of the songs for that artist. I c...
  • jgonza2015
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local File Issues

PlanPremium Device(iPhone 6S and MacBook Pro early 2015) Operating System(iOS 12.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6) I have downloaded two songs in .mp3 format and they have transferred from my files on my MacBook to my local files on Spotify. The songs...

• Plan Premium   Device (iPhone 6S and MacBook Pro early 2015)   Operating System (iOS 12.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6)   I have downloaded two songs in .mp3 format and they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete device from device list.

PlanPremiumCountryPL DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12IssueHi,When I remove device from device list it disappears and this is ok but when I close and open app I still see previously deleted devices. For me it's a bug or maybe there is another way...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country PL  Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12 Issue Hi, When I remove device from device list it disappears and this is ok but when I close and open app I still...
  • fakeluka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Transferring a song to my iOS device, but it says "Song not Downloaded"

PLEASE HELP!There's a problem with my syncing or whatever, I've been trying to transfer my local music files to my playlist, from PC (ethernet) to iOS (wireless internet). It shows up in my playlist but its unplayable, it says "Song Not Downloaded"if...

• PLEASE HELP! There's a problem with my syncing or whatever, I've been trying to transfer my local music files to my playlist, from PC (ethernet) to iOS (wireless internet). It shows up in my playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Car Play drives me mad!!!

It does not matter if Spotify is running in the background etc 9 out of 10 Times when I open Storify it says I need to log in I tap on it nothing happens or you can see the Tab because they are all black.So what I need to do is unlock my phone close ...

• Casual Listener
  • It does not matter if Spotify is running in the background etc   9 out of 10 Times when I open Storify it says I need to log in I tap on it nothing happens or you can see the Tab because they ...
  • allesmatze
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keep playing after closing app

Spotify keeps playing in my car via blutooth after i closed the spotify app. I even did a quick reset thing on my phone. Hold down two buttons for 10 ish seconds so it turns off and on. (Iphone 7) Then started facebook to see a video and then suddenl...

• Regular
  • Spotify keeps playing in my car via blutooth after i closed the spotify app. I even did a quick reset thing on my phone. Hold down two buttons for 10 ish seconds so it turns off and on. (Iphone 7) Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"wont play current song"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdonDeviceIphone 6seOperating SystemiOS12.1My Question or IssueBeen having on going issue with spotify not playing music. I am a premium member on a student account and since having gone premium over half of the music on m...

• PlanPremium Country United Kingdon Device Iphone 6se Operating System iOS12.1 My Question or Issue Been having on going issue with spotify not playing music. I am a premium member on a studen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t share music on instagram stories

Plan:PremiumCountry ItalyDevice:iPhone 6sOperating System:iOS 10 My Question or Issue:Hi! When I share a song to my Instagram Story, Instagram prompts me to login. I log in using Facebook credentials and it does not post the song to my story. Replica...

•   Plan: Premium Country  Italy Device: iPhone 6s Operating System: iOS 10   My Question or Issue: Hi! When I share a song to my Instagram Story, Instagram prompts me to...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution Constant Skipping and backtracking as well as voice control access

I have a Premium plan and my app has been going crazy lately. I have an iPhone X running on iOS 12.0.1. I’ve seen similar posts and tried changing headphones, reinstalling the app and restarting my device and NOTHING has worked. This makes it impossi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Premium plan and my app has been going crazy lately. I have an iPhone X running on iOS 12.0.1. I’ve seen similar posts and tried changing headphones, reinstalling the app and restarting my d...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Add entire album to playlist.

Can we bring back the option to add an entire album to a playlist whiteout having to go through and add every song individually? We had this before and I used it regularly and loved it. But in recent updates it got removed and I want it back.

• Can we bring back the option to add an entire album to a playlist whiteout having to go through and add every song individually? We had this before and I used it regularly and loved it. But in recent...
  • Smellylettuce
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! Browse and Radio tabs gone.

Hey there, I am a premium spotify user. Today my browse and radio tabs have vanished and are no were to be seen lol. But yea on a serous note, I need help bringing these back. Is this a bug? Is spotify aware of this issue? Oh and by the way I have an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I am a premium spotify user. Today my browse and radio tabs have vanished and are no were to be seen lol. But yea on a serous note, I need help bringing these back. Is this a bug?...
  • MBahSpotify
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyric Genius Showing Explicit Lyrics even on "Clean" Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6/6sOperating SystemiOS 12.x My Question or IssueOn iPhone, when I play a "clean" version of a song, the lyric genius function shows the explicit lyrics of the track. For example, on Kendrick Lamar's Humble, my son ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 6/6s Operating System iOS 12.x   My Question or Issue On iPhone, when I play a "clean" version of a song, the lyric genius function shows t...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Equalizer latest Update

Hi Why is equalizer not working in the new iOS version everything up to date? Its frozen. Even after reinstallation.then maybe shortcuts could be useful because youre listening to different headphones or speakers or in the car on a day.

• Hi 😉 Why is equalizer not working in the new iOS version everything up to date? Its frozen. Even after reinstallation. then maybe shortcuts could be useful because youre listening to different hea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Favorites are gone!

PlanPremiumCountryDominican Rep.Device(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueI can not see my favorites songs in my library.

•   Plan Premium Country Dominican Rep. Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue I can not see my favorites songs in my library.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Favorites
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect & Last played music

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone Xs Max and MacBook ProMy Question or IssueHi there, As of this afternoon I am unable to both see my last played artists as other people’s last played artists. I’ve installed the update that came out this ...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone Xs Max and MacBook Pro My Question or Issue Hi there,   As of this afternoon I am unable to both see my last played artists as other p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When is Spotify for iWatch coming?

I've searched and can only find the below topic, where they've marked it as "not right now", with zero explanation as to why? https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnerships-Spotify-on-Apple-Watch/idi-p/914915 It's crazy, everyone is asking ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've searched and can only find the below topic, where they've marked it as "not right now", with zero explanation as to why?   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnershi...
  • d4wno77
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Have premium don't have Spotify radio

PlanPremiumCountry ukDeviceIPhone 8Operating System(iOS10My Question or Issue My app recently updated and now I no longer have radio as an option at the bottom ribbon , however my account subscription is premium. Help?

•   Plan Premium Country  uk Device IPhone 8 Operating System (iOS10 My Question or Issue  My app recently updated and now I no longer have radio as an option at the bottom rib...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS Radio Disappeared

I have a Premium plan. Today when I opened Spotify on my iPhone, the Radio button was gone (as was Browse). How do I get them back?

• Casual Listener
  •   I have a Premium plan. Today when I opened Spotify on my iPhone, the Radio button was gone (as was Browse). How do I get them back?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes