Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

I just updated the spotify app on my iPhone 5 and all of my friends who do not have Facebook have disappeared from my friends list. I can't find them to share music with them... Will you guys be sending another update soon to resolve this issue? Thanks

it has been over a year and a half, someone marked this as solved.. this is definitely not solved. is this even being worked on???

108 Replies

How do I let Family members who are on the same spotify premium account but not on Facebook share songs and playlists?

@mghotbi

Each family member has to have a separate username and password.

The account that pays then links the other family members to the plan through the Spotify website.

After that, each family member will be able to listen to music at the same time, have different playlists, library and friends.

They'll be able to send songs and playlists between themselves and everybody else.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They'll be able to send songs and playlists between themselves and everybody else.

On mobile without Facebook? How?

@jaknudsen

They should follow themselves and follow back, like in (old-school) Twitter.

When that happens, they can Share > Send to... > Select Recipient

How do you find someone who doesn't have fb?

Type this in the search bar:

spotify:user:username

and substitute 'username' by the actual username you want to find.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios So sharing to non-FB people on mobile is possible, but only as long as both sender and recipient follow each other?

@jaknudsen

The functionality is right there in the app, just like in the Desktop version.

However, I'm trying it out in my Android app, and I can't make it work. 😕

In the Desktop works fine though, as long as both sender and recipient follow each other.

--

EDIT

Looks like 'there is no way to share "non-Facebook" in the mobile apps currently'.

Sorry about the misinformation. Wasn't aware there was a bug, since I've never used it myself.

Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/can-t-share-Songs-or-Playlists-with-quot-followed-quot...

osorniosSpotify Star

Sadly, that doesn't work. Why why WHY won't they put this feature back in? Terrible.

Any news here now, Rorey?

I have a mac book pro and also cannot seem to figure out how to follow/share with a non-facebook user. definitely a deal breaker for me, I have family plan but only one account can connect to Bose SoundTouch System

Suggested posts