Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not enough space in "Discover" section on iPad - scrolling glitches

Not enough space in "Discover" section on iPad - scrolling glitches

The "Discover" section is really difficult to use on iPad. Please see attached video. The "viewable space" is very tiny and does not let you see enough things at one time. This leads to lots of scrolling and due to the way the "panels" are, its easy to accidentally swipe out of the area you are trying to be in. Is it possible the "pannels" could be maximized to full screen like how it is on iPhone? Thanks.

(edit: it didn't let me upload the MP4 of the screen recording so I had to put it in a ZIP)

15 Replies

Hey @sdschramm! Welcome to the community!

Alright, that's no fun! It looks like you have turned on larger text in the Display & Brightness settings of your iPhone. Spotify is aware of this issue and their best tech folks are checking it out backstage. You can follow this similar issue for updates. In the meanwhile, you can lower your text size. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Lowering the text size is not an acceptable solution.

Hey @sdschramm!

Spotify is looking into it, but in the meanwhile you can lower the text size. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Lowering the text size did not make any difference. The visible area is still too small with the way the "panels" cover each other.

The first page on the "radio" and "browse" screens is good, the whole screen can be used (minus the small sidebar strip). However once you select something and the sidebar on the right opens, it takes up 50% of the screen and then going back and forth these "bars" are in the way. It would be better if the screen would take up the whole width so more can be seen as a time.

Hey @sdschramm!

Sorry that the workaround didn't work. Spotify is investigating this, and I think the best thing to do now is keep an eye on this page. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

The thread you linked to has nothing to do with this issue I reported.

Hey @sdschramm!

Woah, really sorry about that. Made a small mistakes in the links. Here's the correct link to the similar issue. Please keep an eye on there for updates.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

That link does not relate to my issue either. The font size is not the problem. As I already mentioned, if I lower the text size the issue is still present. Its the size of the "panels" in the UI and how they cover each other rather then opening full size and being able to move out of the way.

Hey @sdschramm!

Sorry for misunderstanding your issue. Spotify is taking a look right now, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

Hey @sdschramm!

Just got something back from Spotify. The app is working normally and as expected, so there's not much they can do right now. You can post this to the Ideas Exchange board if you'd like. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

So by saying "working as expected" Spotify is acknowledging their app is a UI/UX nightmare! I don't understand how this is acceptable. From an accessibility standpoint, its very difficult and frustrating to use. If Spotify doesn't have any desire to fix this, then I might as well start looking at alternative services.

Hey @sdschramm!

Spotify loves hearing all feedback on design and functionality on the Ideas Exchange board. If you'd like you can submit your ideas on improving Spotify there. Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to word this "idea" request when its a BUG and a PROBLEM with a current feature. Not something new I'm asking for. 

I'm happy to report v8.3.0 of Spotify fixes this issue!

Everyone else seems to be complaining they don't like the new UI, but I love it, it's so much better. Finally I can use all the screen space on my iPad and not have the stupid sliding bars all over the place covering content and restricting how much can be shown on the screen! Thanks!

Hey @sdschramm!

Great to hear you like it. If you have any questions, just give me a shout! 🙂

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts