Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not playing specific song

Not playing specific song

Hello. I’m new to Spotify. About a month ago I ordered a keychain with code on it for a specific song for Valentine’s Day. It was working, scanned and song started playing automatically. Now I can’t get the song to play when scanned, even from a screen shot on Spotify. It plays a list similar to that song but doesn’t auto play either anymore. I’ve cleared cache, deleted and restarted app, restarted phone. Only thing I can think of is I updated my iPhone. Any ideas on how I can scan this code and automatically get it to play song again?

3 Replies

Hey @Jspina, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It seems that this specific song might have been removed from the artist from Spotify.

Just to be sure though, are you able to play it if you search for the said song?

If it doesn't show up then it has been removed from Spotify by the artist for your region.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi

i am having the same problem with two of my keychains. 
when I search for the songs, they are still on there but will not play when scanned. 
please help as these are gifts! 

Angels 

Hey @6px9jnviip8hwdp025g0,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please let us know what happens when you scan the codes (e.g. being redirected to a different song or a radio based on that song)

If nothing happens, but the songs are still searchable on Spotify, it might be that the codes are pointing to older versions of those tracks and are no longer valid. You can check if this is the case by generating new codes and scanning them. 

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts