Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Issues

Offline Issues

Hi there,

About a week ago, in spotify.com, Account->Offline Devices, i reset all devices, in order to start afresh.

Now, When I go to spotify.com, Account->Offline Devices, it only lists a single device: 

Macbook  (As I have 2 Macbook Airs, this is unhelpful.)

On one of my MacBooks, I have indeed downloaded playlists for offline playback.

Yet, on my iPad, (logged into the same account) I have also added playlists for offline playback, yet it does not appear within Account->Offline Devices.

And, after an hour or so, ‘iPhone’ appears in Offline Devices.  Could this in fact be referring to my iPad?

Additionally, having been testing this this morning, the downloaded playlists on the iPad were removed without warning.  The only possible reason i can think of for this happening is that an automatic update was applied (confirmed in App Store->Updates).

Would an iOS Spotify update remove downloaded content?

Why is my iPad not appearing in spotify.com, Account->Offline Devices?  Can I not rely on the information found here?

Having music available offline, and being able to rely on it not being automatically deleted, is hugely important for me, and is the reason why i pay the subscription.  I cannot have downloaded playlists disappearing.  The iPad does not go for a month without connecting to the internet, so this is not the cause.  Nor is it a case of having too many devices downloading for offline playback.

What can i do to ensure music is not automatically removed from my devices?

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies

Suggested posts