Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Sound Quality

Offline Sound Quality

Thinking about moving up to premium service but I have a question about offline mode. Will the sound quality for my offline playlist be the highest quality automatically or can I set it in the preferences?

23 Replies

Yeah, I tried it on a few other devices that are running iOS 5 and it all synced and played at Extreme, definitely comparable to the desktop version. Chalk this down as a Spotify bug on iOS 6 and go back to iOS 5 (which I'm doing right now).

Sorry for wasting your time David 😞

Yeah sorry about that. Since the iOS 6 is not public available yet we can't assume that everything just works.

Best regards

Lars

There's a thread about it here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Stay-away-from-iOS-6-beta-4-Bad-Audio-Bu... it may be fixed in the next build.

@ZeshanA wrote:

Yeah, I tried it on a few other devices that are running iOS 5 and it all synced and played at Extreme, definitely comparable to the desktop version. Chalk this down as a Spotify bug on iOS 6 and go back to iOS 5 (which I'm doing right now).

Sorry for wasting your time David 😞

Not a problem - glad we got to the bottom of this! One of our community superusers seems to have chalked this down to the iOS6 Beta version 4 - It seems that has been causing some playback quality issues. Reverting to Beta 3 seems to also resolve this too, it seems. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts