Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline availability

Offline availability

My mobile device memory is full and I want to free it up. How do I mark individual songs as unavailable that were previously "available offline"?
1 Reply

Hello @Rocky101276! Welcome to the community!

The way I manage my space on my Android phone is by creating a playlist specifically for offline syncing. As seen in the screenshot, I have a multitude of playlists on my account.

Screenshot 2016-10-17 15.35.01.png

I used to manually flick the download switch on all the Genre playlists, along with a bunch ofthe playlists under decades and hits and New Music Friday. It got to a point where I easily used up the ridiculous 3,333 offline song limit imposed on Spotify users via licensing deals by the record labels, so I had to find another way to sync offline songs without wondering how many were synced from what playlist.

I created the "Offline Albums" playlist that I simply add songs to that I know I'll always want offline, in addition to the All Out 00s/90s/80s/70s/60s playlists and my beloved New Music Friday playlists. This way, I can see whether or not I'm under 2,500 songs in the Offline Albums playlist, and add/remove songs as needed.

*hint: songs in other playlists will still be playable as long as they're sync'd for offline use in at least one playlist. This way I can still access songs that I know are inside say my Liked From Radio playlist as long as those songs are also in my Offline Albums playlist.

I find that doing this is a LOT easier than manually marking albums or songs as available offline (or removing them from offline) since you only need to add/remove the songs from a single playlist.

Suggested posts