Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One Facebook friend disappeared from list

Solved!

One Facebook friend disappeared from list

I am no longer able to locate one of my facebook friends that I used to be able to share with all the time. I use spotify on my iPad 3rd gen (WiFi only) and my iPod Touch 5th gen both with 6.1.3 iOS. Both devices are running the latest version of Mobile Spotify 0.7.1.23

(same troubleshooting done on both devices)

First I checked to make sure we were both signed in to Facebook

I then went to iPad Settings>Safari and cleared both cache and cookies, restarted the iPad and downloaded again

Problem still occurs and she is my only friend that i show missing; she is also the only friend I've ever shared with.

Neither my iPad or iPod Touch is jailbroken.

I am, however, able to find her fine on my 21.5-inch, Mid 2011 iMac spotify app and am able to share music. The desktop app is running version 0.9.1.53g.  Issue is only occuring on my iPad and iPod Touch. This has been going on for the past 2 days.

I have 20 playlists (18 if you do not include the Liked From Radio ones from each device)

My user name is Century Got Bars

I have enclosed 2 screenshots. The missing friend is Carmen Nickelberry. In the first screen shot you see she is on my following list on my desktop. In the second you can see she does not appear in the friends list which is alphabetized.

Please tell me how to fix this because we share the best music and dont feel like emailing each other as a workaround all the time 😞

spotify issue 2.png
spotify issue.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Miraculously my friend has returned. I just came in today, reloaded my desktop spotify on my iMac and noticed a shared song from my once missing friend. This wasn't too shocking because she was still able to send to me back and forth on the desktop.  But as soon as I looked at my app today she was back. 

Seems like there is no fix just a glitch that works itself out when it feels like it.  I hope they will find the bug and put out an update to keep it from coming back soon.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

i know this sounds like a stupid question, but is she friends with you on Facebook?

CenturyGotBARS - When you click on a track to Share, then click Spotify People, does she not appear at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the exact same problem. We're still friends on Facebook. But we've lost each other on spotify. I can still see the tracks he's sent me in my email but I've lost him in my friends list. Please help.

exact same problem

Ah, ok. Are you all having trouble on an iPad? Or is it another platform? Could you tell us the version of Spotify you're running?

If you could, could you also tell us the name/username of the person that's missing from your friends list?

Thanks, guys.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This is on iPhone using 0.7.23.

Not sure about user name. Because we both use spotify on our phones. His name is Jason Deacon.

I have the same problem. 1 person dropped off my list on my Samsung Galaxy S4.. still shows on my desktop tho

Yes she is definitely my friend on facebook. We have been sharing up to this point

correct she does not appear at all in the mobile devices...however she appears fine on the desktop.

I put all the info in the template guys

From Template in original post:

"I use spotify on my iPad 3rd gen (WiFi only) and my iPod Touch 5th gen both with 6.1.3 iOS. Both devices are running the latest version of Mobile Spotify 0.7.1.23"

From Template above:

"My user name is Century Got Bars

I have enclosed 2 screenshots. The missing friend is Carmen Nickelberry. In the first screen shot you see she is on my following list on my desktop. In the second you can see she does not appear in the friends list which is alphabetized."

I have annotated a circle on the screenshots from the iPad and the desktop. Showing she is my friend on one and not the other. Please let me know if you need me to reattach them @ Sam

I got the exact same issue with one of my friends. We've shared playlists with each other, and starting two days ago neither of us was able to see each other in Friends list on Spotify. We both linked our facebook account to Spotify.

We do not have this issue with friends who we never shared playlists with.

To add to my previous posts, this only happened on our iPhone (we both use iPhone 5).

This works well on our computers.

Thanks everybody hopefully they get this resolved.  I am an Apple Senior Advisor in Tech support, this issue does not rest with any iOS device or any other smart phone. It definitely is Spotify acting up. Ive seen other message boards where the issue happens on Samsungs and other tablets as well.

And this too has only happened with the one person I ever shared music with. Anybody I never tried to share with still appears. And also only in the last 2 days.

I hope someone will find a resolution other than asking for information I provided in the original template (as requested by spotify help page from the beginning :/)

Im having the exact same problem.  What is the deal with this?????

Same here - happened the moment I started my 30 day premium trial. Not a good advertisement for the paid service, spotify!

Must be a new glitch cause there have been no kind of responses other than what are our software versions lol. I used it for months after my 30 day trial and it worked fine. Hopefully they find a resolve. I know im the first to make this subject as a thread as I could not find anyone in a similar situation before I posted.

UPDATE:

Have now also tried logging out of spotify with facebook and just logging in normal way on both iPad and iPod Touch.  Both still do not show my one missing friend.  Furthermore when I try to do a search for her its as if her acct doesnt even exist. She is only able to be found on the desktop without a problem.

Suggested posts