Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One premium account, multiple IOS devices

Solved!

One premium account, multiple IOS devices

Evening forum

I was wondering if purchasing a premium account would allow me toaccess on all 4 IOS devices in the family?

Also, how does this multi access work if I se FacebookUSA my log in. My wife has her own Facebook login as I assume the app will use its Facebook login credentials so my phoneswill use mine and my wife's phone will use hers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Spotify is for personal use only. You can stream online only at one computer.

However you can store content Offline at three devices and play those Offline and stream at one (the device number 4).

But this is not suggested by Spotify because when you listen at 4 devices in one time, Spotfy need to pay x4 to right holders and this is not good when you listen at so many devices at one time with one subscription. If you think you want support music industry, you should buy 4 Premium accounts.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Spotify is for personal use only. You can stream online only at one computer.

However you can store content Offline at three devices and play those Offline and stream at one (the device number 4).

But this is not suggested by Spotify because when you listen at 4 devices in one time, Spotfy need to pay x4 to right holders and this is not good when you listen at so many devices at one time with one subscription. If you think you want support music industry, you should buy 4 Premium accounts.

Cheers.

You should introduce the option to pay for more than one premium account linked to the same username.

I would gladly pay for 2 premium accounts in our family, but we still want the same username!

Regards

I think this comes down to licensing I'm afraid. Spotify are only licensed for personal use, that is why each person is meant to have their own account and why you can only stream to one device at any given time. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is there a way to buy multiple subscriptions under one account? rdio lets you do this.

@NVRSLPS wrote:

Is there a way to buy multiple subscriptions under one account? rdio lets you do this.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That is not currently supported on Spotify, accounts are for personal usage only and therefore you can only have 1 active stream (and subscription) on each account. This is mainly due to licensing.

If you would like to suggest this as a future feature, head over to the Ideas Exchange.

Peter

Peter

Okay Thanks!

Spotify should offer a family plan. I don't want to manage 4 accounts so that each family member can get access, nor would I ever pay $40 a month for this service (especially since my kids are under 5 years of age).

@wickdgrl wrote:

Spotify should offer a family plan. I don't want to manage 4 accounts so that each family member can get access, nor would I ever pay $40 a month for this service (especially since my kids are under 5 years of age).

Sounds like you should add your kudos and support to this ideas topic. 😉

Peter

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I will do that!

Suggested posts