Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only local files were synced

Solved!

Only local files were synced

When trying to sync to my iPhone I get the message "Only local files synced" on each of the other playlists.  What am I doing wrong????

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

that's pretty stupid that we can only sync local files, why use Spotify on our phones if we can just take the local files from our computer and download them to our music files? I guess Spotify is a WASTE OF SPACE on our phones unless we PAY to listen to FREE music.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Hello,

I've just taken a look at your account - You're currently on the free, advert supported version of Spotify. Syncing tracks from the Spotify catalogue is a Premium feature, alongside some other cool things like High Quality Streaming, no adverts and being able to pop abroad and play tracks on the go.

By logging in on your phone for the first time, you received the 48 hour trial of Spotify that's mentioned in the App Store description.

If you want to read more about Spotify Premium, just click here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

This seems arbitrary on my Razr Maxx. I have all of my songs on my phone, therefore I should be able to keep them offline synced on Spotify. Yet, some playlists sync and some don't. I don't understand what the criteria is for letting some songs sync and others not. I own all of these songs.

Some playlists say pending. What does that mean? Some say only local files were synced yet all of my files are local. On some playlists I get half of the songs but not the other half and on others I'll get one or two. I just don't understand how it chooses which of my local songs to sync and which to reject.

Oops. Just realized this is iOS. I used google to get to this page so i didn't see that is was iOS. Sorry. Any help would still be appreciated.

Marked as solution

that's pretty stupid that we can only sync local files, why use Spotify on our phones if we can just take the local files from our computer and download them to our music files? I guess Spotify is a WASTE OF SPACE on our phones unless we PAY to listen to FREE music.

I actually upgraded to Spotify Premimum. It didn't work. THE ONLY reason I upgraded was to get my playlists on my ipod. I did the whole restore erase and sync crap. Yet it will only let me download local files. It will not let me get my playlists. All of my playlists have green and white arrows pointing downwards. So, any advice? did I just get taken (i.e. screwed) by Spotify?

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you "take a look into my account" and sort this out?

I have a premium account and yet Spotify isn't letting me sync any music with my iphone. I am dissapointed that I have paid for the premium account and that it is worse than free spotify

Hi there - having the same problem, I'm a premium user and strangely can sync cloud files to my iPod Shuffle, but not to my iPod Nano (local files only).  Any help?  Thanks.

I am having the same problem....premium user, only local files will sync... Help?

@Trad1535 wrote:

I am having the same problem....premium user, only local files will sync... Help?

What device are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am using my iPod classic, purchased in 2009.

That is correct behaviour.

As the iPod classic does not support the Spotify application, you can only use the Spotify client to sync music tracks that you actually own to the device, not offline tracks from the Spotify library. 

I would suggest you have a read at the iPod integration FAQ.

Peter

Peter

Does Spotify have any plan to make itself compatible with the iPod classic?

I can't speak for Spotify, as I don't work for them but its very unlikely.

The problem is, the iPod classic/nano/shuffle don't support apps, songs have to be directly transfered and stored on them. If Spotify allowed you to download the tracks to your iPod, which is outside the Spotify application, what is to stop you downloading all your tracks and then cancelling your subscription? Also, piracy is another problem! 

Peter

Peter

Got it.  Thanks for your replies!

Your welcome 🙂 

Happy Listening!

Peter

Peter

I have a premium account and my system tells me that only local files were synced as well.  And it does not give me the option to "get missing" either.  What's wrong?

@valacech wrote:

I have a premium account and my system tells me that only local files were synced as well.  And it does not give me the option to "get missing" either.  What's wrong?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What type of device are you using? 

If you are using an iPod nano/classic/shuffle, then that is correct behaviour, as Spotify will only allow you to sync local files which you own to those devices, not any tracks from the Spotify catalogue. The main reason for this being, there is no supported app for those devices, meaning Spotify would have no way to track artist plays and subscriptions. Have a read at the iPod Integration FAQ and also this topic.

If you wish to purchase and download tracks to put on your iPod, then you need to do so from another source since the Spotify downloads store is no longer available.

Peter

Peter

I had a premium trial and it said I could access my spotify songs by syncing them to my computer, are you saying there is no way I can access my songs saved on spotify on my iPod as a free user?

Suggested posts