Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only local files were synced

Solved!

Only local files were synced

When trying to sync to my iPhone I get the message "Only local files synced" on each of the other playlists.  What am I doing wrong????

61 Replies

@josh_alvarez wrote:

I'm currently a premium user and having the same problem. I have restarted the app and the computer several times, as well disconnected and reconnect ipod. It keeps saying ONLY LOCAL FILES SYNCED. Please help resolve issue. thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What device are you using? 

If its an iPod classic, nano, shuffle or mini then you can only use Spotify to sync local files to those devices regardless of your subscription plan. There is more information about why here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I have a Spotify premium account and I have a ipod shuffle.

I'm not able to sync anything on it.

This is bad. The only reason I purchased premium account was to be able to sync my ipod.

@palssonkristinn wrote:

Hello,

I have a Spotify premium account and I have a ipod shuffle.

I'm not able to sync anything on it.

This is bad. The only reason I purchased premium account was to be able to sync my ipod.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, even with Spotify premium you can't sync any Spotify content to an iPod shuffle since it does not have a supported Spotify application. Full details of this limitation are outlined over in this topic by Jude

Peter

Peter

This is a real shame. I will definitely cancel my subscription then, cause premium has no value for me other than this one. 

Spotify should step up its game and find a solution to this for all the people that is willing to pay for listening to music, but is not able to do so because of limitations like this one. 

I want a Spotify solution on my ipod shuffle.

I want to sync spotify playlists of my premium account (green white arrows are on) on my Ipod mini.

It always says "only syncs local files"

How can I sync my playlists?

Els

@elsvermeersch wrote:

I want to sync spotify playlists of my premium account (green white arrows are on) on my Ipod mini.

It always says "only syncs local files" 

Els

Aww, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's not possible to sync catalogue tracks on an iPod Mini for reasons outlined here. To put it simply, the tracks in our catalogue are all stored online and the iPod Mini, Nano, Shuffle, etc. don't have a way of getting online to access those tracks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi,

I'm on the premium plan and I'm trying to sync two playlists to my ipod nano (the touch screen square). I am really stressed and confused because if I'm paying for these songs shouldn't they all be working?

Thanks

It looks to me like Spotify Premium has some flaws... Read the comments. Déjà vu much?

Spotify content can only be played by devices for which the spotiify application is available so you need an ipod touch, iphone or ipad. You can however synch local files (music on your desktop) to a nano using spotify.This isn't a flaw but necessary to avoid copyright issues.

I'm a premium account user with no adverts. All my playlists are doing the same thing. I had kinda just figured that was the way it was gonna be.

I am now having the same problem. Did you find a solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What problem?

@Rasor wrote:
I am now having the same problem. Did you find a solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am downloading songs on my ipod.. And I clicked which albums I wanted so I did but now its says Only Local Files Were Synced.
I have no idea what thats means. Niether I dont know what Synced mean. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi. A couple of questions for you - which ipod do you have and do you have a current Premium subscription?

Hey, I have a spotify premium account but it's still telling me that only local files are synced when I try syncing it with my iPod and I haven't got a clue how to make it work! I don't have time to speak to spotify because I need to do it before I go on holiday this Sunday! Can you help???

You can only download spotify music to an ipod touch as explained in this post. If you have an ipod touch then please confirm what happens when you follow the steps in this guide.

Spotify you are very misleading, why didn't you say I couldn't sync to the ipod classic before I signed up? instead leaving all the info on a little forum page on the back of the internet? Anyway I just cancelled my trial subscription, because your service is worthless to me.

Whahaha, what is the point of only syncing local files via Spotify. iTunes is for that.... What a joke!

Now that Spotify is available to use for free on tablets and mobile phones I tried to use it on my iPod touch.

It is giving me the same error message - only local files synced - as the previous person.

Surely this should now work properly?

It works perfectly on my Asus, Nexus, HP, Kurio and Samsung.

@SparedPumpkin - Are you synching via Wifi like the steps for iPhone here? USB cable sync will only ever do local files. 

Peter

Suggested posts