Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Swiping gone :(

I'm wondering if I'm the only one to notice but a lot of the swiping actions have been taken out on the new update. For example when listening to a song, and the album cover is on full screen "song details" you can no longer swipe down to close and s...

• I'm wondering if I'm the only one to notice but a lot of the swiping actions have been taken out on the new update. For example when listening to a song, and the album cover is on full screen "song d...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

165 tracks on my desktop but 120 on my iPhone playlist

My playlists look different with just two of my "Christmas" playlists. one has 165 on my computer and 120 on my phone, and another has 159 on desktop and 116 on my iPhone. Missing songs play on desktop and I can search them out on my phone. Just won'...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists look different with just two of my "Christmas" playlists.  one has 165 on my computer and 120 on my phone, and another has 159 on desktop and 116 on my iPhone.  Missing songs p...
  • winonacor
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs synced offline to my iPhone 5 running IOS 7.1.4 will not play

This started happening 2 days ago, some songs on a new playlist I synced would not play. Spotify would switch to the next song, but no time bar would come up and the song would just freeze, I skipped a few songs and found some songs that would play, ...

• Casual Listener
  • This started happening 2 days ago, some songs on a new playlist I synced would not play. Spotify would switch to the next song, but no time bar would come up and the song would just freeze, I skipped...
  • gre3nrain
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't share to Twitter, iOS 7, 5S

Strange issue- Having trouble sharing tracks to Twitter from my iPhone 5S (iOS 7). When I tap "Twitter" on the share tab, nothing happens. All of the other choices (Facebook, Email, etc.) work fine. I notice that this happens when I'm signed in to Tw...

• Gig Goer
  • Strange issue- Having trouble sharing tracks to Twitter from my iPhone 5S (iOS 7).  When I tap "Twitter" on the share tab, nothing happens.  All of the other choices (Facebook, Email, etc.)...
  • Systemaddict
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work like it used to on 4s

I have a 4s and before I installed the software update for my iPhone, Spotify seemed to stop working like it used to. I listen to Thai music and when I first downloaded the app, it worked how I imagined it would. I could search for an artist and list...

• I have a 4s and before I installed the software update for my iPhone, Spotify seemed to stop working like it used to.    I listen to Thai music and when I first downloaded the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see friends in iOS app anymore

I can no longer see any friends when I go to the "Friends" tab in the iOS app. I'm using an iPhone 5 and have version 0.7.6.37 of the Spotify app. I used to be able to see my friends when using the app, but after a previous update, they no longer sho...

• I can no longer see any friends when I go to the "Friends" tab in the iOS app. I'm using an iPhone 5 and have version 0.7.6.37 of the Spotify app.   I used to be able to see my friends when ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Local files over wifi to Iphone.

Okay let me be clear, since every thing i try to find something on this it isnt a strait answer. If my laptop at home is connected to the WiFi. Can I listen to my local files (itunes and music files) on my Iphone while at work. I always have a hotspo...

• Okay let me be clear, since every thing i try to find something on this it isnt a strait answer. If my laptop at home is connected to the WiFi. Can I listen to my local files (itunes and music files)...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Sync] Sync groups wrong duplicate files

Hi everyone, I have an album in iTunes consisting of two CDs, the first one has the studio versions, second one has the live versions on it. The names for the songs are the same in the idtag. Searched for them in Spotify, added them to one playlist a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I have an album in iTunes consisting of two CDs, the first one has the studio versions, second one has the live versions on it. The names for the songs are the same in the idt...
  • Throx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone5/5S app crashing

Everytime I launch spotify on my devices running iOS7, the app crashes. I'm unable to do anything once I login using facebook. I've un-installed and installed twice, with no results. Once I login with facebook, the app crashes.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I launch spotify on my devices running iOS7, the app crashes. I'm unable to do anything once I login using facebook.    I've un-installed and installed twice, with no results....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play songs which I have in my Itunes library

I have spotify on my iphone 5s with ios 7. If a song is a 'local' song it will just sit there on the play screen but it does not play. This also happens on my Ipad with ios 7. It worked fine before upgrading my ios and spotify a coupl weeks ago.

• Regular
  • I have spotify on my iphone 5s with ios 7.  If a song is a 'local' song it will just sit there on the play screen but it does not play. This also happens on my Ipad with ios 7.  It worked f...
  • blondce
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Please, please, please...closing radio on iphone

If someone could lend me a hand, I and my iphone would appreciate it. I am about 30 seconds from throwing it onto the floor and beating it into submission with a claw hammer. I have Spotify on my iphone (obviously). I actually have two darn icons for...

• Regular
  • If someone could lend me a hand, I and my iphone would appreciate it.  I am about 30 seconds from throwing it onto the floor and beating it into submission with a claw hammer.  I have Spoti...
  • td723_
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 4 iOS (latest version) + Spotify latest version

Hi, The last update of Spotify for iOS created some issues with the lock screen buttons. I can change the level of the volume etc, but I cannot pause a song or switch to the previous/next one. Controls works fine in the app itself (not in lock screen...

spotify_ios_lockscreen.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   The last update of Spotify for iOS created some issues with the lock screen buttons.   I can change the level of the volume etc, but I cannot pause a song or switch to the pre...
  • kltorvanger
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search on ipad issue

When i search using, for eg, "label:constellation" on the PC in my office or Macbook at home, and then select all "artists" or "albums" i get a huge return (reflecting accuracy in the search outcome i guess). The same search on my ipad yields only ab...

• Casual Listener
  • When i search using, for eg, "label:constellation" on the PC in my office or Macbook at home, and then select all "artists" or "albums" i get a huge return (reflecting accuracy in the searc...
  • bts
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem in my car with Spotify - After a little Time - Unsupported Device -

Hello Community, i am from Germany and drive a Honda Accord Tourer '09 (Acura TSX 09 in america) and my Car-radio supports ipod and iphone over USB. When i was hearing music from the libary in my iphone, there are no problems. But when i am listening...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Community,   i am from Germany and drive a Honda Accord Tourer '09 (Acura TSX 09 in america) and my Car-radio supports ipod and iphone over USB. When i was hearing music from the libar...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP - Premium Works on PC but NOT on iPhone!

Hi, Between the last billing period and now, I lost my debit card and have since received a new one. The card details are different so Spotify was unable to bill me for my Premium account. I went in and updated my information to have my new card bill...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   Between the last billing period and now, I lost my debit card and have since received a new one. The card details are different so Spotify was unable to bill me for my Premium account....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Philips Fidelio A5 Speaker not working in the Faroe Islands.

I have bought an Philips Fidelio A5000 Speaker and I've installed the Airstudio+ app on my iPhone 5. The problem is that I don't get the Spotify app in the Airstudio+ app. I have a Spotify Premium subscription and the Spotify app is avaiable in my co...

• I have bought an Philips Fidelio A5000 Speaker and I've installed the Airstudio+ app on my iPhone 5. The problem is that I don't get the Spotify app in the Airstudio+ app. I have a Spotify Premium su...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopped downloading any songs!

Ok, so I have offline mode on 3 devices, my iPhone 4, my mum's iPad and my home computer. I also listen to Spotify on my work computer, but it's only on-line. It has always been like this and worked fine. Now, when I added music to my playlist and tr...

• Regular
  • Ok, so I have offline mode on 3 devices, my iPhone 4, my mum's iPad and my home computer. I also listen to Spotify on my work computer, but it's only on-line. It has always been like this and worked ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone won't show up in Devices

I recently had to restore my iphone, and once i put everything back on the iphone wouldn't show up in devices on the spotify client on my mac. I updated to ios 7 today but that didn't help I am sure it is on the same wifi and have tried plugging in w...

• Visitor
  • I recently had to restore my iphone, and once i put everything back on the iphone wouldn't show up in devices on the spotify client on my mac. I updated to ios 7 today but that didn't help I am sur...
  • cshadle
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in Spotify on iPhone 5c

Hello, For starters, I do not log in Spotify with facebook. I just put in my e-mail and password and that's how I've always done it. When I received my company phone today, it's been a big mess. It's an iPhone 5Cc. I tried to log in and it kept telli...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, For starters, I do not log in Spotify with facebook. I just put in my e-mail and password and that's how I've always done it. When I received my company phone today, it's been a big mes...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect multiroom?

Hey, I think Spotify Connect is a great feature I am waiting for (I'm an Android user, so I still have to wait). But there is one really important thing to me. What about multiroom use? If there are multiple Spotify Connect receivers in my wireless l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I think Spotify Connect is a great feature I am waiting for (I'm an Android user, so I still have to wait). But there is one really important thing to me. What about multiroom use? If...
  • SvenTh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes